Chapter 12- You Know Her?

Ava's POV.

We parked outside of Taylor's house and we all piled out of the car. Laurie greeted Diana into her home as the rest of us followed behind. Trent layed on the couch, watching t.v. as Daniel played with his toy trucks on the carpet in the living room.

"Where's your brother?" Laurie asked her eldest son.

"He's upstairs." Trent replied, never taking his eyes off the screen.

"Well then go get him." She tried to remain calm in front of her new guest.

Trent rolled his eyes and jotted back upstairs. I stayed close by Logan's side if Taylor were to come downstairs. Laurie turned to all of us. "Drinks anyone?" She asked to Diana and Rebecca.

They both nodded and walked to the kitchen, leaving Logan and I standing in the living room.

"Can't we just go home." He whined. He didn't want to be in Taylor's house anymore than I did. I would have agreed if Rebecca wasn't my ride back. It takes about an half hour to walk home and my feet were already hurting from walking all around the mall earlier today.

A doorbell rang out, and Laurie beamed as she practically bolted to the front door. She opened it to find a dark brunette girl with the same brown eyes and smile as Taylor.

"Lizzy!" Laurie cried out to her daughter as she engulfed her in an enormous hug.

Just then, Taylor walked down the stairs. His gaze first rested on me, and I quickly averted my eyes. Then he turned to Lizzy. A smile appeared on his face as he hugged his sister.

"Hey Lizzy." He chuckled, "So good to see you."

"Good see you too little brother." Lizzy smiled. She again turned her attention back to her mom. "I brought a friend with me from nursing school. She's super cool and she's happy to come to the wedding. Is that alright?"

"Honey that's fine. I'm just glad you're home! Of course bring her in."

Lizzy smiled and called out from the front door. "Come in! You're welcome here."

A short, petite girl with crystal blue eyes and light brown hair walked through the door. I took a quick glance to Taylor. His skin turned pale and his eyes slightly widdened as he stared at the strange girl.

"Sarah?"

The girl whipped her face to Taylor and a bright smile overcame her face. "Taylor!" Wait, they know each other?

She jumped into his arms happily. He remained stunned as the girl hugged him tightly. She pulled back and done something that caused the worst ache in my chest that I've ever known to experience. She cupped his cheeks and quickly pulled him into her, crashing her lips onto his.

My mouth dropped as her moved passionately against his. Rage coursed through me and I had to physically restrain myself from ripping her hair out of her scalp. But I stayed in silence, feeling as small as I could ever feel, my eyes stinging at the sight in front of me.

He tore away from her, a stunned expression still remaining fresh on his face. His eyes looked to me, confusion and embarassment turning red in his cheeks.

Suddenly, Rebecca and Diana returned into the living room once again. Both of the women's eyes shot to the girl standing in the doorway in shock.

"Sarah?" Diana gasped.

Sarah looked from Taylor to the women standing behind him. She looked at the both of them in complete shock. "M-Mom? Aunt Becca?"

Mom? Aunt Becca? Oh god. My head was already starting to spin.

"What are you doing here?" They said in unison.

"I came her for a wedding with my friend." She pointed to Lizzy. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for Becca's wedding." Diana explained. Rebecca raised her hand slightly and waved to her neice. "Hey Sarah, it's so good to see you again. I haven't seen you since you were little."

"Well, this is a twist in events." Laurie murmured. She shook her head and turned to Taylor.

"Taylor, this is Sarah? Emily's mother?" She tried to clarify.

Sarah was the mother of Emily? I started to see the resemblance between the child and her.

"Emily's here?" Sarah asked in shock as she looked frantically around the house. "Where is she? Where's my baby?"

I shook my head in disbelief and fiercely glared at Taylor. He shrank away from my glare and averted his eyes. "Emily is upstairs with my brother. She's sleeping." Taylor murmured to her.

She nodded and her gaze looked at both Logan and I. Her bright smile reappeared as she walked up to us.

"Hello, I'm Sarah." She introduced herself and extended a hand towards us, "Are you family of Taylor?"

I stiffled a chuckle at her stupidity. Taylor and I family? Far from that.

"I'm Ava." I corrected her.

The smile wiped off her face and she stared at me with wide eyes. "Y-You're Ava? You dated Taylor? I-I heard a lot about you."

Wait, she knew me? I felt a sudden squeeze on my hand and realized it was Logan. I looked at Taylor and he stared at the ground as he rubbed his neck. "That's funny," I faked a smile as I looked back at her, "I never heard a single thing about you."

"Okay well," Taylor cut in as he stood by Sarah, "Sarah. You and your mom could go upstairs and see Emily. I'm sure she's awake by now."

She looked from me to Taylor and obediently walked up the stairs slowly, her mom following behind her.

Taylor looked at me once again amd he opened his mouth to speak.

"So that's your friend?" I interrupted, "the one whose child you're taking care of? You two look a little more than just friends, don't you think?."

Logan squeezed harder on my hand and whispered in my ear, "Ava, let's go."

I tore away from Logan and glared at Taylor once more. "So while I was in pain, crying myself to sleep every night, you were screwing around with some girl who had a child? So much for getting your shit together, huh Taylor?"

"Ava." Rebecca cut in, trying to get ne to stay calm. But it was too late, I released my temper onto him.

I continued, angry and hurt as ever as I spoke, "What the fuck happened to 'If I could go back, I would fix my mistakes'? Was I a mistake? Did you not care about me? Did you not love me? Is that why you moved on so quickly? You're so full of bullshit, you know that? Forget what I said about us being friends. You stay away from me, for good. I mean it."

And with that, I stormed out of his house, not caring about the scene I just made. Tears stung fresh on my cheeks, no idea where I was heading. But anywhere was better than here.