Chapter 32- Drunken Words from Sober Thoughts

Taylor's POV.

The loud sound of music blasted in my ears, causing my entire body to vibrate along with the beat of the music. I tilted my head back as I downed my seventh shot, my senses advancing to an extreme. The chill of alcohol fled down my throat as I craved for more. I motioned the bartender for another round urgently.

"I haven't seen someone drink that much since my dad found out he had won five hundred dollars in a casino,"

I turned beside me to see a petite brunette sit next to me. Her green eyes turned to me, a smirk playing at her lips.

"Who are you?" I cringed, but not to her appearance. But the sicklyodd feeling she gave me as she sat too close.

"No one," she stated simply, "As you are as well."

"No, I'm Taylor." I argued back and mentally cursed at myself for giving her my name. She chuckled, obviously satisfied I had fell for her trick.

"I'm Eva," she introduced. I groaned to myself, her name just had to be similar to Ava.

"Of course you are," I groaned once more, feeling a headache form. The blasting music didn't help with it either.

"You look like shit," she chuckled, "So did she dump you or the other way around?"

I looked at her confused as to why she would ask something like that. "Why do you think I got dumped?"

She chuckled once more, "You're either going through a bad break up or you just realized you're going to be a father."

"Neither actually," I remarked, "Who are you anyways?"

"A distraction," she shrugged. I was confused by her odd behavior and language, but I pushed away the thought as I downed another shot.

If this girl was a distraction, let's see if I can get her off my mind.

Twenty minutes later, we were making out in the corner of the club. Her hands were firmly gripped at my waists, bringing me closer to her. I was so off my game, even this girl could tell she was the dominant one ag the moment. The sick, uneasy feeling began to come back to me, stronger than ever. It wasn't until her tongue had gone too far down my throat, that I had gagged and pulled away.

I quickly rushed out of the club and found myself emptying my stomach on the side of the road. By standards cringed as I puked the alcohol I had consumed that night. As soon as I was done, I wiped my grotesque mouth with my sleeve and straightened myself up.

I looked around the dark city streets with glassy eyes. I closed my eyes and tried to focus through my drunk state. A constant image kept worming inside my foggy mind.

Her lips on his.

Before my mind could even process what I was doing, I had pulled out my phone and dialed her number. I was going to regret this surely. But now, I just needed to hear her voice. The pain was becoming unbearable, not even alcohol could soothe it like her voice would be able to.

Just one phone call won't hurt, I thought to myself as I brought the phone to my ear and waited patiently for her answer.

..

Ava's POV.

The shriek of a phone ring filled the silent room. Excitement, anticipation and fear coursed through me all at once. After two more rings, I quickly kicked the covers off of my body and reached for my phone.

My heart skipped multiple beats when Taylor's name displayed on my screen. I took a few breaths, trying to collect myself before bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, my heavy breaths quietly filling the silence between us.

"Hey baabbyyy," I heard a drunken voice on the other line. I slapped my forehead and silently cursed at myself. He was beligerently drunk, and it was my fault.

"Taylor, where are you?" I tried to keep my voice at a calm pace but the urgency in my tone was evident, "Kylie and Jason are looking everywhere for you."

"Why aren't you looking for me?" His voice laced with hurt and my heart ached at his drunken innocence. I could imagine his full lips turn in a pout on the other line, "Don't you want to see me?"

"Yes, of course I do," I sighed, "I just haven't been feeling good lately."

"Are you sick baby?" He asked, his deep voice thick with alcohol and innocence. I couldn't fight the grin that widened on my lips when he called me baby. I longed to be close to him again, to hear him call me that as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"You could say that," I said, not wanting to admit that I've been laying in my bed for the past week, depriving myself from the world.

"Has it been getting bad again?" He asked, referring if I was harming myself again. I felt a bitter sweet pain; he still cared about me. "I'm sorry I left you Ava, you've just been hurting me lately."

My heart ached at his saddened words, making the distance between us unbearable. I had to find him or else he could really get hurt. He was really reckless and troublesome when he drank. My worries started to grow more as I imagined him wandering around the dark streets alone.

"I know baby, I'm so sorry," I croaked, "Just please tell me where you are and I'll come get you," I said urgently.

"Do you miss me already?" He wandered aloud.

"Yes," I breathed as a tear escaped my eye, "I miss you so much."

He seemed satisfied at my response and gave me the name of the club he was at along with the name of the street. I instructed him to stay exactly where he was and told him I'll be there as soon as I can. I shoved my feet into my boots and grabbed my sweater before quickly ushering out the door. As soon as I stepped outside, the chilly night air hit my face, spreading goosebumps on my skin. I spotted a taxi nearing down the street and frantically waved at the car. It pulled over and I quickly jumped in the back seat and told the driver the name of the club and street.

Please God, let him be alright.