Chapter 6- Doctor Doctor

Lilian - Anne Hathaway

In the previous chapter, I kept getting Rebecca's and Pamela's name mixed up, so please excuse my errors! I fixed them, don't worry.
..

Ava's POV.

I stretched out of bed and slumped my way to the kitchen. Rebecca hovered over the kitchen counter, sipping out of a coffee cup.

"Goodmorning." I yawned.

"It's two in the afternoon hun." She smirked.

I looked outside and the sun was already shining on a clear day.

"Oh shit, it is the afternoon." I said, "Is dad at work?"

"Yeah." She sipped on her drink nervously. "I have to go to the doctor's right now. Wanna come?"

"Sure, is everything alright?"

"I hope so." She murmured.

..

I flipped through magazines in boredom as we waited for Rebecca's appointment. Finally the doctor had called her in, and we were both now inside a room.

"Hello again Rebecca, how are you?"

"I'm good doctor, just a little nervous." She admitted, leaving me a little confused as to what is she talking about.

He looked at me and shook my hand, "Is this Ava?"

"Yes, doctor." I smiled.

"Is she going to be here when I read the results?" The doctor questioned. Results about what? I stayed silent as Rebecca requested I wait outside the room for her.

After a few minutes, I began to hear quiet sobs within the room. In worry, I barged inside the room, and saw Rebecca's face in her hands while the doctor repeated, "I'm so sorry Rebecca."

"Are you okay? Rebecca, look at me." I said as I helped her stand up. Finally she lifted her head, tears no longer dripping down her face. She sniffed, wiping away the moisture on her cheeks.

"I'm okay. I'm okay."

"What happened in there?" I worried.

She breathed heavily before she spoke. "I can't have children. What am I going to tell George? I can't have his children."

My eyes widened at her news. Rebecca's infertile. I watched the woman weep even more as I tried to reassure her. I helped her out of the doctor's office before suggesting I drive. She sat in the car in silence, staring out the window with painful eyes.

As I drove, a phone ring split through the air.

"Sorry, that's mine." Rebecca sniffed. "Hello?" She answered.

"Yeah, just got back from the doctor's office. Sure we can do Wedneaday. Wait who? Oh, no. Yeah, I'll let him know. Alright, bye Laurie."

"What'd she say?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, she was just asking if we could all have a dinner before the final wedding rehearsal." She explained.

"Oh."

"There's more." She added.

"What?"

She took a deep breath, "Taylor's back in town."

..

In case you don't know, infertility is the name for a woman whose incapable of having children. Sorry guys, Rebecca can't have kids :c