Chapter 7- Maybe-Almost Roommate

Kylie - Olivia Holt.

I have to give a special thank you to caitygirl6625 for putting me in her reading list, putting it on display for others to see. That's so flipping awesome, thank you caitygirl6625! I love it when you guys do that or you spread the word about my book, you rock man.
..

Ava's POV.

I stared into the mirror as I applied a coat of mascara to my eyelashes. I heard the door to my room open, Rebecca popping her head inside.

"Hey kiddo." She smiled, "What are you getting all dolled up for?"

"I'm going to lunch with Lilian and my maybe-almost roommate."

She now entered my room and sat on my bed, watching me as I combed out my hair thoroughly.

"Are you going to be here for dinner tomorrow when Laurie and the rest arrive?"

"I don't see how I could miss it, I live here." I groaned. I dreaded the thought of so much people in my house, being small as it is. I like my peace and quiet and it looked like I was definetly not going to recieve that tomorrow.

She played a little half smirk on her face at my frustration.

"You know, it might not be so bad to see Taylor again after all these months. You two are adults now, I'm sure you could be in the same room together without all hell breaking loose." She chuckled.

I stopped to look at her and raised one eyebrow. "If I know anything about Taylor Andrews, it's that he's never serious.. about anything."

"You never know," she shrugged, "maybe he might be a completely different person since you last saw him."

"Doubt it." I muttered as she stood up to leave.

After finally being satisfied with my appearance, I texted Lilian and asked if she could pick me up. In no time, she was already outside, honking like a mad woman. I rushed outside, one shoe barely grasping onto my foot as I jumped in the car.

"You ready Ava baby?"

"Nervous." I stated, "But ready."

Lilian had drove to a small italian resturaunt on the corner of main street downtown. She reserved a table outside, right under the shade of the shining clear day. We had sat down, waiting for our guests to arrive. I was a nervous wreck, and Lilian could tell. I'm not sure if I was even going to be accepted into Juliard and I'm already meeting with my maybe-almost roomate.

"Ah, here they are." Lilian smiled as she stood up to greet our guests.

I searched around the resturaunt, trying to find the people she was looking at. A flash of blonde caught my eye as two figures walked toward us.

"No. Fucking. Way." I said in complete shock. Apparently, I wasn't the only one.

When the sight of me caught her view, her mouth almost dropped to the ground.

"Avalyn Parker?"

Hello Lady Satan.

"Um, hey Kylie." I mumbled.

The woman with her was familiar, the same woman I saw at Laurie's barbeque five months ago.

Lilian and the woman hugged each other, placing kisses on each other's cheeks. Lilian noticed the way Kylie and I were awkwardly staring at one another.

"You two know each other?" She asked as the three took their seats.

I stayed silent, leaving Kylie to answer her question. "Yes, we went to high school together." She smiled at Lilian.

"You're attending Juliard?" Her mom eyed me from head to toe, and I so desperately wanted to smack that look of her face.

"Well, when I get my acceptance letter I will." I muttered.

"You mean you haven't recieved your letter? Why are we talking about the two moving in together then?"

Much to my surprise, Kylie spoke up in my favor. "Mom, they must of sent out letters in a later time. More than thousands of kids will be attending Juliard, they must of got busy or something. I'm sure she's already been accepted."

Her mother stayed silent and I fought back a smirk. "Are you going to Juliard too?" I asked Kylie.

"NYU actually." She corrected, "Recieved my letter two weeks ago."

The thought of actually not being able to go to New York made my stomach queezy and I excused myself from the table from a moment before I could even think about barfing.

Kylie followed after me inside the bathroom. "You okay? I hope my mom hasn't scared you off or anything."

"No, although she is a frightening woman." I chuckled. The woman wore two inch heels and red lipstick for a casual lunch.

"Yeah, she's a little overbearing at times."

"I'll say." I chuckled.

A few moments of silence stilled the air before Kylie spoke up once again.

"Do you mind all this? Us being roommates?" She hesitated to ask.

I looked up at her, deciding my answer before speaking.

"Not really, actually." I said truthfully, "It shouldn't be that bad."

Rooming with Kylie wasn't something I was exactly estatic about, but if I want to go to New York, desperate times call for desperate measures. Even if it meant rooming with my ex arch enemy.

"So.." She started, "I heard Taylor was back in town."

I groaned more, worsening a headache that was already starting to form. "Unfortunately."

"You going to be okay with seeing him again?" She asked sincerely.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be? We're adults now, we're going our seperate ways. This is for the better. Almost two years since we were in a relationship, I can barely remember how it felt to be in love. If it was love at all." The ache traveled from head to my stomach at my words. I swallowed down the vile taste in my mouth nervously. I hovered over the sink, taking several deep breaths to calm my nerves.

"It was love all right," She surprised me by saying, "Things were pretty bad the last time he was here."

My head snapped back up, "What do you mean?"

"It was really weird," She began to say, "The last time he was here, he was actually communicating with me. He even came with me to the mall. Do you realize how stramge that is? He never goes anywhere with me unless he wants to get off. He was a wreck when he asked me for advice. Advice, can you believe that? Two years was obviously not enough time to get over you Ava. As much as I didn't want to admit it myself before, you got wrapped around your finger. You're the real deal for him. That boy would do anything for you."

Her words softened me, making me feel a little lightheaded as I remembered our time together. It seemed like such a long time ago. I quickly recovered, returning to my hardened form.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah well, he's probably forgotten all of it by now. I have. It's better to just leave it all in the past."

She didn't seem to believe me but nodded anyways. I walked past her and back into the resturaunt. I just need to make little contact with him, but still keep my composure. We're adults now. We're finding our own paths, unlikely to see each other again after this wedding. It should stay that way. It needs to stay that way.

..

Hey you guys, I've been listening to some songs and they could actually be potiental theme songs for the Let Me In trilogy. Tell me what you guys think.

Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.
Mess I Made - Parachute.
The Last Time - Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody.
Never Say Never - The Fray.

Comment and let me know what you guys think!