Chapter 27- First Day

Ava's POV.

God, this was the day. My first day. I was so nervous yet excited all the while that I couldn't seem to go to sleep. I got up at six o'clock and started to get ready even though my classes didn't start till eight. Kylie had placed an outfit she bought for me for my first day of school. It was too much of her and I would have returned it if she hadn't already ripped up the reciept. I dressed into a dark burgundy blazer and black tank top along with dark jeans and a pair of striking black heels to match. I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth, brush my hair, and other things to prepare myself. I didn't like to wear a lot of makeup, but I did coat my lips with a rather nice shade of lipstick and winged my eyeliner to perfection. It wasn't only till I had brushed my eyelashes with mascara did I finally decided I looked okay. I straightened my hair for this occasion and left the bathroom. I didn't realize how little time I had left till I was done.

I walked into the kitchen, anf gasped rather loudly at the sight.

Taylor was hovering over the small stove, the smell of bacon lingering around the kitchen. His head snapped up at the sound of my gasp and the smile on his face widened.

"Goodmorning," he said warmly, "I made you breakfast."

I watched him intently as he slipped the bacon onto my plate which already held two pieces of toast and sunny side up eggs. He knew how picky I was about my eggs.

"Thank you," I murmured as I sat down at our small kitchen table that seated four. It was such a lovely gesture but I didn't have time to sit down and take my time to eat.

"I really should go," I said talking two slices of bacon and enclosing it in a slice of toast. "Classes start in a half hour."

"Maybe we can walk there." He suggested. I raised an eyebrow at offer.

"Have you noticed how big New York is?" I stiffled a chuckle. My heart warmed at his kindness and wanting to be around me, but I couldn't let it get in the way if it was going to interfere with my studies. No matter what, my future comes first. It has to.

His cheeks flushed in realization at my statement. "I almost forgot." He murmured, "Well, maybe we can hang out after your classes?"

"I have work," I realized. His face had fallen and my heart almost sunk. He's not trying to be a bother, he just wants to spend some time with me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to. "Maybe after work," I suggested, "I'm pretty sure my shift won't be that long."

His face brightened as I reassured him we would definetly hang out. "Okay," he beamed, "See you then."

It was really quiet adorable how he potrayed to be so innocent at the moment. If only people knew how many different personalities he really had. But I didn't want to see what he was like when he was angry or in a bad mood, so I happily enjoyed his good mood for as long as I can.

I grabbed my bag and phone as I walked out the door. This was it; my first day as a college student.

..

Taylor's POV.

I sat at the small table, taking small drinks from my coffee mug when I heard footsteps and a huge sigh.

"Goodmoring," The petite blonde grinned. She was still dressed in her pajamas with her hair knotted on top of her head as she entered the kitchen. Her eyes nearly jped out of their sockets as she stared hungrily at the plate of food Ava had left behind. She happily took a seat at the table, taking huge chunks of food into her mouth as I stayed silent.

She noticed my odd silence and didn't hesitate to question it. "Why are you so quiet?"

I knew I could never beat around the bush whenever it came to Kylie. "You'll be honest with me right? If I ever asked you something?.. You'd tell me the truth right?"

She sighed as she leaned her elbows onto the table, just like she always done whenever she was about to come out with a whole lecture on the topic. But instead, all she said was,"What's on your mind?"

"Did I make the right decision? Do I actually belong here in New York? You don't think I made a mistake, did I?"

"What makes you say that?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

I huffed as I spoke, "Couldn't you tell how Avalyn first reacted when she saw me? She almost blew up like an atomic bomb. She couldn't even look at me without such hatred."

"That's not true," Kylie said, reaching her hand out to cover mine in comfort, "You took us both by surprise. Of course she was bound to react in disbelief."

"She can't even sit down and have breakfast with me," I said, realizing cooking her breakfast looked too needy. I probably looked so fucking desperate asking her if we could hang out. She said she needed space and all I was doing was being a bother. "What if she doesn't want me here?"

She only shrugged at my question. "No one can answer that but her. Maybe you should ask her. I'm almost positive she'll reassure you and tell you that she's absolutely exstatic that you're here." She tried to cheer me up, only slightly failing. I knew deep down inside Avalyn had moved on. I could see it in her eyes. She was over me and there was nothing I could do about it. Why couldn't I just accept it? Why was it so hard for me to forget her?

"I guess I'll ask her when I see her later on," I murmured.

Kylie gave me one more warm smile before standing up, "I should go get ready for my classes." She was walking out of the kitchen until I realized I needed to say one more thing to her.

"Kylie?" I called out to her. She turned around, awaiting my answer. I sighed deeply before saying, "Thank you for everything.. I'm.. really sorry about all the things I've done to you for most of our lives. I was a horrible person then and I-I'm really sorry I hurt you."

The sides up her lips slightly turned upwards at my apology. "I forgive you. If anything, you taught me a lot about myself. I couldn't be more happier now."

I was happy everything had turned out great for her and I only wish the next guy she trusts and gives her heart too won't completely shatter it like I had once done. With that, she smiled again before walking out of my sight.

...

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. It took me some time but I finally updated a decent chapter.

Anyways, have you guys read or is currently reading an awesome book that you would love to reccomend? I'm always looking for some new good books to read and it would help a lot if you guys would reccomend your favorites. Don't be shy to share your guy's favorite fanfics, novels, etc. Comment with the title and who wrote it. I'll definetly take time to look some of them up. Thanks guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment your opinions as well! If you guys have any questions whatsoever, wether its about the book, about me, or the different books that I'm going to be working on after The Beginning In Our End, I'd really appreciate it! Love you guys.

Sincerely, Sammie.