Chapter 34- Going Away

Taylor's POV.

"I'm going to leave New York."

Her features became stiff and I could of sworn you could almost hear a whimper escape her lips. Her eyes flittered to the groung, resisting my gaze.

"Are you coming back?" She said, her voice barely audible.

I chuckled as I stepped closer to her, her warm embrace merely inches away. "I'll always come back to you.."
My words had gave her the confidence to jump in my arms once again. Her face buried in my chest as I could feel the warmness of her tears.

I had not only alcohol that night, but her words that soaked me in reaassurance completely. I felt proud of myself for finally sticking up to Ava, but guilty as my harsh words lunged at her, one by one. As drunk as I was, I was determined to make my point clear to her.

It looked like she understood.

The question as to when I was coming back was still unknown. In truth, I hadn't realized how emotionally fucked up I was until tonight. Leaving and distancing myself for her seemed like the sensible thing to do. My mind reeled with many emotions, and being around Ava made it no better. I had to figure what I wanted and what I felt by myself. Without the help or influence of everyone.

Where I would go was still a mystery. I always wanted to travel the coast, maybe I could take some time off before I think about transferring to college. After all, college has never really been my thing.

Suddenly, I could hear the sound of clicking against the pavement as the door to the club opened. I tore away from Ava and turned my head to immediately groan as the drunken sight. It was the girl from the bar and she was heading towards me. She stumbled to me and pressed her body weight onto me with a smug grin plastered on her face.

"You left so early," she slurred. I pryed the drunk woman off of me as her head darted towards Ava. She stumbled towards her now, her hand extended out. "You're Ava, aren't you? Taylor was telling me about how crushed he was that you dumped him,"

Ava's eyes went wide as she turned to me. I groaned once more before telling her, "This is the girl I plotted my revenge with," I explained. Not a smart choice, but then again, I could still feel a slight buzz of alcohol course through me. Right now I'm not filled with a lot of good ideas.

I expected Ava to lash out on me and even the girl, but instead, a grin spread to her lips. I blinked a couple of times to make sure she was indeed fighting back a grin.

"Do you need cab, miss?" Ava said politely, even though the girl was around her age.

"No, I'm good," she declined, "I had my eye on a blonde back there and I think he was trying to buy me a drink." With one more smirk she said, "I hope you two fix whatever the fuck is wrong, because trust me, losing the one you love over lost years is just a petty excuse." She says as she walks back to the club entrance, "You can always make up for lost years!"

With that, she disappeared into the thick air of the nightclub. That woman was grotesque, strange, and helpful all the while. I wasn't sure how to feel about it.

"That woman is the weirdest person I've ever met," Ava chuckled to herself, bringing a smile to my lips.

"Yeah, she is," I agreed.

After our faint laughter died down, Ava once again looked to me. "Will you come back home?" She wandered, her eyes pleading I say yes.

And a much as I wanted to, if I wanted to get my shit together, tonight had to be the night to do it. I shook my head solemly, bringing a small frown to her face but she nodded in understandment.

She called Kylie and Jason and told them my whereabouts. They qiickly drove to the club to pick is up and of course, I was instantly scorned by the she devil herself.

"What the hell is the matter with you?," Kylie nearly shouted i the small space of the car as we drove, "First you leave, then you disappear, and now you're going to leave again? I don't get you Taylor, I really don't."

"We're just glad you're safe man," Jason added.

Kylie continue to curse at me under her breath as we drove up to their apartment building. To my surprise, Kylie leaned over the council and layed a kiss straight on Jason's lips. I fought back the urge to laugh  at his stunned expression.

I looked over to Ava whose saddened eyes stared at her thumbs. I lifted her chin, making her gaze meet mine. Her dark green eyes gave me enough reassurance before I softly pressed my lips on hers. I reminisced the moment for too long before finally tearing away.

"Goodbye Ava," I said to her.

She looked at me with her saddened eyes and simply shook her head. "Please don't say goodbye. It sounds as if I'll never see you again."

A smile spread to my lips as I corrected myself, "I'll see you,"

She forced a smile, knowing she wasn't ready to part from me even though we both knew she had too. "I'll see you," she whispered back.

She swiftly climbed out of the car and followed behind Kylie into their apartment building. I got out of the car momentarily to sit back in the passengers seat. As soon as they disappeared from view, Jason murmured, "You really love her, don't you?"

"More than she will ever know."

..

Omg, the feelsssss. I can't even.

Anyways, thank you guys who.conplimented my book at school today. Like I said, I always love to hear feeb back from you guys so please make sure to comment as well as vote. Thanks guys!