Chapter 26- Not This Again

Ava's POV.

"He's here."

My mouth suddenly went dry, too afraid but already knowing who is beyond that door.

I wanted to run. Jolt out of the building and flee far away from him.

But my feet felt glued to the floor, and I couldn't make so much as a single step.

"Ava." Kylie snapped her fingers in front of my face, breaking me from the tension. "I don't know what to do. Please come inside."

I looked at her, my pleading eyes trying to tell her to get rid of him. But this was my apartment. I shouldn't be a coward to walk in my apartment. I inhaled a deep breath before walking past Kylie, confident and headstrong.

He sat on the couch, his head snapped up as he noticed my presence.

Complete silence.

His big brown eyes were soft, a smile playing at his lips as he tried to hold it back. He was happy to see me. I could feel my confidence falter but I refused to let him see a glimpse of emotion.

"Taylor." I said in a determined tone, "What are you doing here."

He stood up from the couch and I could catch a whiff of his scent. The scent I would have so desperately loved to be surrounded in. He stepped forward, only causing me to step back.

His smile was now bigger as he noticed my caution.

"I thought you would be happy to see me." He nervously chuckled. I couldn't help but feel guilty that he had come all this way to prove a point. Angered as well, but still very guilty.

I didn't know how to handle this situation at all. All I could think of saying was, "You shouldn't have come here."

His face fell, and I could feel myself fill with grief, only wanted to be close to him and wipe away his worry.

No. I had to be strong. This is no time to soft. Then I realized, how the hell did he get here?

"Are you here by yourself?"

He looked confused as I asked, but still let out another chuckle. "Obviously."

The only thing that came to mind was clear. Sarah.. Emily. I was beginning to fill with anger.

"You're so stupid!" I bursted.

"Ava." I could hear Kylie warn behind me but I ignored her comment. Taylor's eyes were wide and shocked at my outburst.

"W-What did I do?"

"You know exactly what you did! How could you be so selfish? How could you do something so freaking careless? Do you not realize you have responsibilities? This is so like you to do something like this. You left a little girl back there! And in whose care, huh? Sarah's! What kind of stupid boy-"

"Stop talking me to as if I'm a damn child!" He yelled back, causing me to jump back in surprise. I hadn't expected him to do that. I tried to continue with my rant, but he wouldn't have it.

"I am nineteen years old. I'm old enough to make my own decisions. You cannot decide my future for me. I do. I deserve a future too. And I won't waste it being somewhere where I don't want to be and be with a girl that I don't love. I thought I had to grow up so quickly. But I don't. It's my decision what I want to do with my life.. I want to be here.. I want to be with you. I thought you would be more considerate and understanding."

"Taylor," Kylie tried to say, "I don't think leaving Emily was the wisest decision."

"She's with Rebecca." He stated and my eyebrows furrowed. He noticed my confusion and further explained. "I talked to your parents. I explained everything to them. They were happy to take in a child. Apparently, she.. couldn't have a child of her own. So she was happy to take care of Emily for the time being. I know she'll be in great hands."

I was glad to hear to that Emily was in a safe and stable home. With people that could provide the things Taylor probably couldn't ever provide. It was reassuring to know the little girl was going to be alright, but he's still crazy to come to New York. To come for me.

"What are you going to do here?" I asked, trying to wrap my mind around the thought of Taylor building his life here.

He sighed, "I don't know yet. But maybe transferring to NYU could be a start."

I could hear Kylie gasp and almost choke on the air surrounding her. I stiffled a chuckle at her shock. Now I won't have to deal with him alone.

He stepped closer to me with pleading eyes. "Ava, please. I want to make this work. I've tried so hard to think of the rest of my without you. But I can't. A future without you isn't the one I want."

"This too much to ask from you." I said, "I can't let you make such a big sacrafice for me."

"You don't have to ask," he stepped closer to me, his body almost pressing against mine as he held my face, "I'd make any type of sacrafice for you, wether you asked me to or not. I am staying here even if you try pushing me away. I will only hold you tighter."

Even if it was my natural instinct to push him away, it seemed I couldn't any longer. No matter what happened, he was always being to be there. It semed as if this really was inevitable. But I didn't know how to process all of this. I felt as if I was being pushed into something I wasn't ready for. After all this time of trying to move on, it seemed as if a part of it has worked. There were many things we had to work on our own before we could ever consider being together again.

I'm still confused as to if this is what I truly want again. It's been so long, I forgot what it was like to be in a relationship with him. It all seems so long ago, it's very vague.

I'm still scared and confused on many things. But as for now, I'll enjoy his warmth and peace. Who knows how long this will last.

..

Omgggg!! Is Tava really back in action?! Well, like Ava says, who knows how long this will last. Hmm.

Anyways, thank you guys for reading. Don't forget to vote and please try to take some to comment. It really does mean a lot. Thanks guys!