Chapter 3- Good Isn't Good Enough

Logan Carter - Alex Pettyfur.

..

Ava's POV.

I felt the vibrations come from my phone through my back pocket. I checked the caller ID to see Lilian's name on my screen.

"Hello?"

"Ava baby!" She cheered, "I have great news!"

A burst of hope explodes in my chest. "Did you get my acceptance letter from Juliard?"

"What? No."

I slouched back in disappointment.

"You didn't get a letter yet?" She asked, "It must of been mailed late or something."

"Sure it did," I rolled my eyes, "So what's up?"

"I need you to come by the studio. I have some great news for you."

"That's it? Why don't you tell me now?"

"Is it so bad that I want to see you? You haven't came over to the studio in nearly two weeks!"

"Okay, okay." I chuckled, "I'll be there ina few."

After hanging up, I picked myself from the couch and searched the house to find my dad. I opened the window to see no car in the driveway. Great. My eyes traveled across the street to Logan's house and a smirk appeared on my face.

I grabbed my phone and headed across the street. I knocked on the front door and waited patiently for someone to answer. The door swung open to reveal a lazy dressed Logan in a t-shirt and sweats.

"You're taking me to the studio." I demanded sweetly.

"Oh?" He inched near me, "And what do I get?" A devilish grin spread to his face.

I quickly pecked him on the cheek, "There." I barged inside his house. "Now get dressed."

He let out an amused chuckle before bolting up the stairs to do what I instructed.

..

"Ava baby there you are!" Lilian squealed as we walked through the doors of the studio. Her eyes directed pointed to the handsome blonde boy next to me. "And is this the Logan I hear so much about?"

"Yes, Lilian this is Logan. Logan, Lilian." I said as they shook hands. "So what's up Lil?"

"I have news about Juli-" Before she could finish her sentence, I quickly covered her mouth, knowing what she was going to say next.

"Uh, maybe we should discuss this in the backroom." I quickly ushered hee in the back, leaving Logan clueless.

"I'm sorry Lil I had to, Logan doesn't know about Juliard." I explained.

She nodded, understanding my worry. "It's okay I was just going to tell that when you go to New York-"

"If I go to New York."

"When you go to New York," She continued, "I have someone that could help you for your living situation."

"What do you mean?"

"A friend of mine, her daughter is attending NYU and they already have the money for her to buy her own apartment. I told her about you and your acceptance to Juliard-"

"I didn't get accepted yet."

"Ava let me finish." She stated, "I told her that you might not have anywhere to stay when you do get to New York, so she asked her daughter and her daughter said she'd be thrilled to have a room mate!"

"Really! Oh my gosh Lil, this is great!" Excitement pierced through me at the news but quickly deflated when I realized, "Now all I have to do is get accepted."

Both of her hands rested on my shoulders. "Hey. You will get accepted, don't worry about anything. Now, her daughter said she would love to meet you so I've scheduled for all of us to have lunch next week with her mom and her."

I wrapped my arms around you, giving her a grateful hug. "Thanks Lil."

"Anything for you Ava baby."

After our conversation, I called Logan into the back room and waited for him at the piano. A confused look overcame his face as he took a seat on the bench beside me.

"Do you want to hear a song?"

His flawless smile showed at my question and he nodded.

I began to slowly began to play the keys to Turning Tables by Adele as I sang.

'I can't keep up with your turning tables, under your thumb I can't breathe. I won't let you close enough to hurt me. No I won't ask you, you to just desert me. I can't give you what you think you give me. It's time to say goodbye to turning tables.'

The beautiful sound of the piano keys pulled me into a trance as I continued to play the notes till the end.

"That was good Ava." He smiled, but a small frown crept onto my face. Good? Good is not good enough.

"That was great." He corrected, trying to make me feel better but with no such luck. "C'mon let's go get some lunch."

He got up from the bench and started to walk towards the door. I looked down at the black and white piano keys one more time.

Please Juliard, accept me.

I thought to myself before I stood up and followed Logan out the door.