Chapter 37- To The New Me

8 months later..

Taylor's POV.

I picked her up in my arms, her small hands running through my hair as she giggled. I turned back to Mr. Parker and Rebecca one last time.

"Say goodbye to aunty and uncle," I said, waving to them as she mimicked me.

"Bye aunty and uncle," her small voice repeated as she waved. They both waved back at Emily.

"Okay, let's get you to mommy," I grinned as I lead us outside.

Sarah leaned against her car and her smile widened as we drew nearer. "There's my little girl!" She cheered in excitement. I passed her on to Sarah's arms as she smiled at her daughter.

Emily's blue eyes turned to me once again before squeaking, "I love you daddy,"

I smiled warmly at the little girl and gave a small wave. "I love you too Emily," I murmured.

Sarah securely placed the little girl in her car seat and closed the car door, Emily still smiling and waving from inside.

"You take good care of her," I said to her, "She's such a special girl,"

She nodded in response, "I think everything be okay from now on. My mom bought us a house back in San Francisco. Soon, I'm going to have to enroll Emily in preschool. She's very smart for her age,"

"She is," I chuckled, "I'm proud of you for finishing your classes. I knew there would be good coming from it."

"Thank you, I really appreciate that," she smiled, "Emily and I should definetly visit you sometime in New York,"

"Of course." I agreed happily. I've spent so much time with Emily these past few weeks, I almost forgot she eventually had to be put back in her mother's keeping. But I knew she would be safe in Sarah's care. She has come along way since I last seen her. She was back on her feet again, taking training at a hospital back in San Fransisco, along with therapy sessions from her past troubles. When I visited my home town, I was more than happy to see Emily once again, walking and speaking so fluently. It pained me to see my little girl go, but I was only looking forward to seeing her again.

I bid her my last goodbye as she climbed in her car. I watched the car drive off, soonly moving out of sight. A faint smile rested on my face before going back inside.

As soon as I stepped inside the house, my phone vibrated from my phone. I pulled it out and brought it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Finally you answer," A voice said from the other line. I instantly knew who it was by the sarcasm in her voice. She's been calling me frequently, checking up on me and seeing how I was doing for the past month. I knew she was worried about me not coming back, but in truth, no worries should be made for me.

"What do you need?" I replied.

"I need you to ask you for a favor," she requested, "A really big one."

I was truly a busy man due to my packed schedule I've been facing. I took online college courses or requested to take my courses at home. College was never my thing anyway, but it was still a rather important aspect I had to face. I've been working on several jobs, mostly taking pictures of the city's biggest events. My dad scored me the job, being well known around the city and when he talked to a newspaper company, they were happy to have me. It payed very well and it did help me get back up ony feet when it came to organizing my future once again. Of course, I didn't want to keep the job forever, so as soon as I hit my seventh month working there, I had asked for early retirement.

I've had a really good time while I stayed with Mr. Parker and the new Mrs. Parker. They had bought a new house and were now hoping to be employed as foster parents. I was happy to hear such news, knowing that something greatly unexpected came from their infertile tragedy. They were recieving their first foster child by the end of the month and they were both so excited.

It seemed as everything in my life had finally come in to place and I couldn't be more content. My mind had become less hectic and slipping into ease day by day.

But something was still missing. And I knew exactly what it was.

Or who it was.

"I'm all ears."