Chapter 21- Hello New York

Ava's POV.

"He should be somewhere around here," Kylie searched the airport for her friend.

I waited patiently beside her until I heard a familiar french accent.

"Avalyn," Jasper caught up to me, "It's been a pleasure meeting you today. I hope to see you around and then we can go out for hot dogs."

"I'd love to." I smiled.

He took my hand and brought it to his lips, kissing my knuckles lightly. My cheeks started to burn and I was sure Kylie could see them turn red.

"Goodbye Avalyn." He smiled once more before walking off with his sachel and suitcase.

I could hear Kylie stiffle her giggles. "Who was that?"

"A guy I met on the plane."

"A french guy," she smirked, "Nice."

I rolled my eyes playfully and picked up my suitcase.

"Where is your friend?" I whined, "I think I have jet lag."

"He should be here, I don't know where he- Wait! He's over there, come on!"

She rushed past a crowd and to a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and a charming smile. She dropped her bags and jumped into his arms. He laughed as he held her tight. They exchanged a few words quietly before they both noticed I was still standing there.

Kylie pulled me closer to the both of them, "Ava, this is my friend Jason," she introduced, "Jason, this is my roommate Ava."

"Welcome to New York," he smiled, "Can I get your bags for you?"

"Thank you."

We all walked out the airport and to his car that was luckily wasn't parked that far away. As soon as I climbed into the back, I relaxed into my seat. Kylie gave Jason directions to the apartment. As we drove, my eyes stayed glued to outside the window as we passed into the magnificient city. New York was better than I hoped.

Soon we reached a tall building with multiple apartments stacked on top of each other. I had to keep myself from falling backwards when I stared up at the tall buildings.

"Ours is second to the last," Kylie pointed to the apartment in the higher section, "Mom made sure we had a great view."

We walked into the building and into the elevator. It was pretty packed with three people with giant suitcases. When the elevator doors opened, we walked into the hall that lead to our door.

20-5

The twentieth apartment on the 5th floor, I soon figured out. Kylie jingled the keys in the doorknob before finally pushing it open.

Our apartment was small but roomy never the less. Boxes piled ontop of each other in the corners of the apartment. We dropped our bags in the doorway.

"Two rooms, living room, kitchen, and one bathroom. Everything id already furnished." Kylie shouted as she explored around. "I call the one with the huge closet!"

I chuckled as I turned to Jason. "So you and Kylie known each other long?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "We go way back. We used to play together all the time when we were in grade school. But we stopped when she started to hang around her crush a lot. What's his name? Tyler?"

"Taylor," I corrected him politely. I decided to stay silent when it came to him. I don't need any painful reminders when I'm starting my new life.

Kylie came back to the living room with an envelope in her hands.

"What's that?"

She shrugged as she tore it open. She spoke out loud as she read the letter, "Hope the apartment is to your guy's liking. Here's some money to get you guys started in The Big Apple. Spend wisely. Love, Mom and Dad."

She shook the envelope one more time and two cards fell out. She picked them up from the ground and examined them.

"Debit cards," she cheered as she handed me one, "Sweet."

I shook my head as I tried to give it back to her. "I can't accept this Kylie. Your parents have already done so much for me. I can't accept money from them."

She shook her head and refused to take it back. "You're gonna need it Ava. Just think of it as a little welcome to New York gift from my parents."

I sighed and decided to not argue with Kylie any longer.

"Speaking of welcome gifts," he reached into his jacket and took out a long sleek black box. He opened it to reveal a silver chain with a small book and lock dangling from it.

Kylie stared at the necklace in awe as he put it around her neck. "You remembered." She warmly smiled.

"And I have one too." He said as he revealed his own chain necklace with a silver key on it from underneath his shirt.

I smirked as it was her turn for her cheeks to turn red.

"Well, I'm gonna go to my room." I interuppted, "Thanks again for everything."

"Wait," Jason called out, "If you want, I pick you guys up tomorrow and take you to my workplace. I can see if I can hook you up with some jobs, yeah?"

"That's be great, thanks." I smiled.

I walked off, leaving them some privacy. I opened the door to my room and jumped onto the bed that sat to the left of my room.

I shoved my place in the pillow peacefully.

I felt a vibration from my back pocket and I immediately groaned. I checked my phone to find a text from Logan.

L: How's New York? I miss you..

I paused and debated wether to text him back.

A: It's great.

I shut off my phone before I could get a reply and placed it on the nightstand next to me. I stared out at the grey sky of New York until my eyelids started to feel heavy. I closed them shut and let myself slip back into heavy unconsciousness.

..

Aw, looks like Kylie might have a happy ending after all.

Jason- Hunter Parrish.