Chapter 17- Confessions

Ava's POV.

I'm standing outside of his front door step and all I want to do is turn back. It's not too late to turn back.

If only it was that easy.

I pressed lightly against the doorbell and it rang out. It wasn't long before it swung open to reveal Mrs. Carter.

"Well hello Ava, here to see Logan?" She smiled.

"Yes Mrs. Carter." I said politely.

She gestured for me to come in as I stepped through the doorway.

"I think he's upstairs. You could just go on up."

I nodded and walked to the staircase, taking a step one by one. The guilt in my stomach pierced as I reached his door. I took a deep breath before knocking.

I heard feet shuffling before he opened it. His blonde curly mess stood like a mop on his head. His smile shone bright in the dark hallway as he saw me.

"Babe," he hugged me tightly, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." My voice came out in a whimper.

He stepped back and pulled me into his room. "You haven't texted me or called me lately. I was going to go over soon but I just thought that you were busy. I heard Sarah's mom was staying at your house. That must suck. It's okay, if you want I can ask my mom if you can stay the night. Im sure she won't mind. She's making steak tonight. I hope you like yours medium rare. And after we can-"

"Logan." I intterupted.

He paused where he was and looked at me. "Sorry, I'm just excited you're here. I really missed you."

I gave a half smile even though my heart was hurting at the innocent person in front of me.

"I missed you too." My voice cracked and I immediately looked down. The last thing I needed was for him to see me cry.

He inched near me, his cologne lingering as he held me. I stiffed in his arms and he could tell.

"Is everything okay babe?"

I stiffled a sob and looked for an excuse. "I-I'm just.. parched."

He pulled back, a look of confusion clear on his face. "Do you want me to get you a drink?"

I nodded frantically as he backed away.

"I'll be right back, okay? Just make yourself comfortable." He said before leaving the room.

I sniffled my sobs and pulled myself together. I have to tell to him. I have to tell him.

I looked around his room that was painted blue. Pictures of him in a football uniform hung around his room. A stack of papers and folders scattered on his black desk. I stepped neared it, and slowly fumbled through them. Mostly articles and crumbled up papers of poems or writing pieces rested on his desk. I picked up a piece of paper with his handwriting on it and began to read.

She's a rose. Delicate and graceful. Her sweet perfume basks in and I want nothing more than to have her scent linger on my pillow every morning.

I smiled warmly at his words. He was always a great writer.

"Hey babe."

I jumped back in surprise, knocking over his binder. I whipped around, seeing him hold two cups of juice.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered as I kneeled down, picking up sheets of paper. He joined me as we cleaned up the floor.

I picked up a white envelope and layed it on the stack. But the small printed words on it caught my eye.

Avalyn Riley Parker.

I looked to see where it was addressed from.

Juliard, Academy of Performing Arts.
New York City.

My eyes widened as I picked it up again and held it right in front of me.

"I think that's it." Logan said as he threw the rest of his papers on the desk. His eyes went from me to the envelope in my hand. His eyes widened too.

"Logan.." I stuttered, "I-Is this my.."

I opened it slowly, taking out the paper that it contained. I spoke out loud as I read it. "Congratulations, you have been invited to attend our school of performing arts.." my voice trailed off as I read the rest. "I.. I was.. accepted?"

"Ava, I.."

I looked up, tears prying at my eyes. Different emotions overwhelmed me as I tried to concentrate to the person in front of me.

"Were.. Were you hiding this from me?" I said, barely above a whisper.

He stepped towards me with pleading eyes, "I-I'm so sorry, Ava. I-"

"Don't." I warned and stepped away from him, only bumping right back into his desk. "You knew all along that I was accepted and you didn't tell me? How could you?"

"I was going to see you and I thought it would be helpful if I got your mail for you. But when I saw that letter from New York, I-I just lost it. I couldn't lose you. I was so scared you were going to leave me. So I-"

"So instead you kept it hidden from me? You thought if I didn't see the letter, I would of just assumed I didn't get in and stay here with you? How could you do that to me? My future isn't something for you to decide!"

"Baby, please. I just didn't want to lose you."

"Don't call me that!" I shouted, no longer caring if anyone could hear us. "You lied to me! You fucking coward! You were going to watch me throw away my future."

"I-I thought your future was with me." He mumbled.

I paused. I could feel anger, hurt, betrayal course through me. Never did I thought it would Logan to make me feel this way.

"It was."

And with that, I stormed out of his room and out of his house. Tears welcoming down my cheeks as I left.. and never looked back.

..

The feels! The fucking feels! Well there you guys have it. The discovery of the missing acceptance letter.

Ava and Logan are officially done-zo. What do you think is gonna happen now? Ava is really leaving to New York? Leaving everything behind.. including Taylor?

Find out in the next chapter! *DUN DUN DUN*

So please do not forget to VOTE. Please comment any thoughts you have while reading, I love to hear from you guys!

Sincerely, Sammie.