Chapter 23- Bonding With Blonde

Kylie's POV.

"Thanks for the ride Jason," I said as he stopped in front of the apartment building. "See you later."

Before I could reach for the door handle, he spoke up, "Would you like to go out with me?" His words came out rushed, as if he was keeping it in for the longest time.

I turned back to look at him, ny eyes wide as saucers. I nearly held my breath as his cheeks turned a dark crimson red. "I mean, on a date." He corrected himself.

Jason was asking me on a date? I had known him for half of my life. As far as I know, he didn't feel like a brother to me. He was like any other human being. Someone that seemed different from over the years. He changed, physically as far as I knew, but still remained the same Jason I adored from long ago. Surely, he was just being a good friend by taking me out.

"I'd love to."

His smile brightened from within the darkness of his car. "Great," he grinned from ear to ear, "I'll pick you up tomorrow night around seven. Is seven alright?"

I chuckled at his nervous tone. "Yeah, that's alright."

He smiled again before bidding me a good night. I climbed out of his car and made my way up to my apartment. To my surprise, Ava was sprawled out on the couch, her loud snores filling the air. I laughed lightly as I stepped towards her, hovering over her sleeping body. A slime of drool even began to fall from her mouth.

I waited a few moments of silence before shouting, "Goodmorning sunshine!"

Her eyes shot open and she nearly jumped out of her pants. She picked herself up and looked around the apartment for any sign of sunlight.

"We have girls night tonight, remember?" I said as I grabbed the phonebook off the table and started to search for a taxi number.

"Oh, yeah.. I forgot." She mumured, her voice thick of exhaustion, "What time is it?"

"Almost seven o'clock. But you know what, the night is still young. And you know what that means? That means we go out and explore. Soak in the riches of New York City. And I know the perfect place to start."

"What's that?" She looked up at me.

I displayed my brightest smile before squealing in joy. "Coney Island!"

..

Ava's POV.

"Oh, I don't think I can go on any more rides." I groaned as we exited off the rollercoaster. I had eaten 2 corn dogs and boy was I starting to regret it.

"How about a walk on the beach?" Kylie suggested, "It sure is really pretty out."

The dark sky shimmered with various colors of blues, purples, and pinks. I could feel the warm breeze through my hair, giving me chills as we walked towards the sandy beach. I took of my shoes and let my toes sink within the warm sand. The waves overlapped each other, the sunset reflected on the water. It was such a beautiful sight, I tried to imprint this memory deep in mind so I would never forget this feeling. I stayed silent as I looked out over the ocean and for the first time since we moved here, I felt at peace.

..

I'm sorry this update took a while, I've been so busy lately. But I would like to give a huge thank you to one special reader @maariya_looney! I really hope she sees this soon, but she has took her time in voting on every chapter in the previous book 'A Taste of Life' and that is so awesome! Thank you! You guys, I am telling you.

For you guys to go out of your way to vote, comment, share or even add my story to your reading list. I notice. And it does NOT go unleft without recognition. Trust me you guys, just the small things you guys do are very meaningful to me. So please, it means alot!