Chapter 30- Bloody Noses and Bounce Houses

Taylor's POV.

I walked up the stairs of an apartment building, looking for room 14 which Kylie had told me Jason Price had lived. I still had no clue who this dude was, but he must be a friend of Kylie's if she sent me here. I finally came to the maroon door that had golden numbers 14 plastered on it. I knocked on the door, the only sounds that came from the empty silent hallway. It was a few minutes before I could hear feet shuffling behind the door. It swung open to reveal a tall shirtless guy, looked to be around my age maybe even older, blonde hair messily covering his forehead. His eyes squinted at me before he rubbed and blinked multiple times to get a better look at me.

"Um, hello," I greeted sheepishly, "I'm looking for a Jason Price?"

"You're Taylor." He replied back, his deep voice sounding raspy, knowing he must have been awoken from a nap.

"Yeah, that's me."

He moved to the side of his doorway and motioned for me to come in. Hesitately, I walked past him and into his small apartment. It looked clean for the most part, except the occasional soda cans that scattered here and there.

"My friend Kylie had texted me your address," I explained to him, "She said you could give me a place to crash for a while."

He nodded slightly before walking past me and into his small kitchen, opening the refridgerator and pulling out two cans of beer. He tossed me one and I easily catched it with one hand.

"Yeah, help yourself man," he said, "Glad to help out a friend."

"You know Kylie?" I asked, assuming he was referring to her.

He nodded, "I know you, too."

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. He knew me? I wasn't sure wether to feel creeped out or feel stupid to not recognize him. He saw my obvious confused state and added, "Your probably don't remember me. I moved in like middle school."

"Nope, not a clue." I added a nervous chuckle at the end. I tried to study his features in hopes I could catch a glimpse of rememberance but with no such luck.

"I was at your birthday party in the sixth grade," he said once more, "I drank so much grape juice that I accidentally peed myself in your bounce house."

Suddenly, the memory from so long ago came flooding back to me. A grin spread to my face as I remembered that day.

"I beat the shit out of you," I chuckled as I remembered dragging him out of the bounce house and pounding his face so hard that I broke his nose. My mom had to pry my off of his bloody face.

"You always did have a good punch," he laughed along with me, "even in the sixth grade."

"Sorry about that man," I laughed lightly as I apologized. He waved off my apology along with an amused chuckle. I took one more look at his broad tall frame and added, "You certainly aren't the small frail kid I picked on in grade school."

He nodded pridefully, "Yeah, definetly have been working out more."

I finally opened my can and took a swig of the bitter liquor before cringing. I walked to his living room and propped myself on his couch as he joined me. I stared at the black screen of his t.v. too lost in thought to strike another conversation.

"So Kylie told me you were having issues with your girlfriend." He said breaking the silence. An ache flooded over my chest as the image of her kissing him. Anger once again started to pump through my veins.

"She's not my girlfriend." I muttered through clenched teeth. Fuck, I needed something to get rid of the dreadful image in my mind. I tilted my head back and gulped down the beer.

"Woah, okay, she's not your girlfriend," he chuckled nervously, "do you need another beer?"

As much as I wanted to accept, I felt weary and weak. Something I hadn't felt since I let Ava walk out my house the day she told me she was leaving. I shook my head and muttered, "I'm just gonna go to sleep."

He nodded and stood up from the couch and walked back to his room. I sprawled myself on the couch, my eyes facing the ceiling. I stared until my eyes grew heavy. Soon enough, I was being drifted off into a deep sleep that was desperately needed.

I didn't want to think about Ava or what she had done. It was obvious she had moved on with her life.

I had to move on with mine too.

..

Sorry guys for such a short chapter. I really have to start homework, I have a lot to do. I'll update some more later om tonight or maybe tomorrow. Until then my Tavies. (shippers of Taylor and Ava)