Epilogue and Final Author's Note

Epilogue..

"I'm flipping the fuck out," he admitted, "I think I even forgot what the fuck I'm supposed to say."

I straightened him up before reassuring him, "Chill the fuck out dude. You've been waiting months for this. Don't think about ruining it now."

He nervously chuckled, "You're the one to talk, Andrews. We all know after she and I do this, it's going to be your turn."

His facial expression turned more serious, "Thank you for being my best man.. And I'm sorry I almost hooked up with your girlfriend."

"Not for long," I corrected, "But it's fine man. The past is the past."

He muttered something in french I quiet couldn't understand. The sound of the music started to fill the halls. "Oh fuck." He whined.

I looked back at him with a proud smile, "It's time."

He groaned and left the room to stand at the altar while the rest of the groomsmen awaited outside the doors. We stood in our signed positions as Jason whispered in my ear from behind me, "Where are they?"

I rolled my eyes and murmured back, "They're women, they taking a fucking millenium to get ready."

Suddenly, I felt an arm wrap around me and I when I turned, my stomach dropped. Her crystal blue eyes looked up at me as I frowned deeply.

"Where's Ava?" I asked.

"Don't worry about Ava," she exclaimed, "We have a wedding to put on."

"Don't fucking play games with me Sarah," I muttered, "She's the maid of honor, where is she?"

She reluctantly rolled her eyes and flickered her eyes behind us. I turned back to see Avalyn's arm wrapped around Dylan's and her head down. I tried to whisper out to her, but she wouldn't look at me. A sickening feeling started to erupt in my stomach.

She knows.

Suddenly the doors opened and the music began to flow throughout the halls as well. Sarah and I slowly took steps down the aisle, everyone's eyes on us. As we passed, some relatives on the bride's side waved to me and I had to physically restrain my eyes from rolling. I know they're going to want to talk to me after the ceremony.

As soon as every bridesmaid and groomsmen stood in their position, I tried to catch Ava's eye but they were still searing into the floor. I turned my attention back to the aisle and a wide grin overcame my face. My little Emily was dressed in her outfit as she tossed rose petals on the floor. Only, my 'little' Emily wasn't so little anymore. She was seven and a half now, making me feel old even in my twenty four age. Sarah's smile radiated just as much as mine as she watched her daughter walk down the aisle. Behind her, Daniel, my already bold and strong twelve year old brother, held a velvet pillow with both rings on top of it.

Then, everyone in the entire room gasped, even my breath caught in my throat, as the beautiful bride entered the room. Her dark brown hair was settled in a bun on top of her head or whatever girls call it as her arm locked onto my father's. Her white dress draped behind her as she walked. Adoration pierced in the people's eyes as they were approaching the altar. My dad shook hands with the groom before saying, "I never had a french guy in my family before." Creating a chuckle over the room. Finally, the bride stood face to face with the groom and the ceremony began.

I zoned out during the priest's speech about them fufilling a life together and what not. My attention was only glued on to Avalyn whose eyes looked somberly at the bride. I couldn't quiet decipher what might be running through her head that could make her silent towards me. I stuck to the thought that she wasn't ready for the what she probably knew I was going to tell her after the ceremony. But deep down in myself, I knew it was the right thing to do. It had to tell her, or else I would surely burst. So many months these thoughts clouded my mind, making me feel as if I had to tell her now before it was too late. I was afraid what her response was going to be, but never the less I had to come out with it.