Chapter 20- Sitting With French Dudes

Hey guys, will ya'll do me a favor? Okay first, please follow my two bestest friends in the entire world! @lxslie_meraz & _Meee_96 , They both have been working on works of their own, so don't be shy to check it out.

Second, will you please vote and comment? You guys, I'm desperate over here. I wanna hear from you guys! Don't be shy!

..

Ava's POV.

"You two be careful out there, okay?" Rebecca sniffled as she wiped the moisture underneath her eyes, "It's the Big Apple, anything can happen."

I smiled as she stepped back and I turned to my dad. He stayed silent the whole ride over to the airport, I've been wondering if he actually was going to say goodbye.

He wrapped me in his bulky arms and squeezed me tight. I choked and gasped for air playfully.

"You've grown up so beautifully," he whispered, "Your mother would be so proud."

I couldn't stop the tear that rolled down my cheek when she mentioned her. I missed her more than anything, and I wish she could see me now.

He pulled back and forced a smile.

"Make sure to visit, okay? Don't forget you have a family here." He chuckled.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned back to see blonde hair.

"Don't worry Mr. Parker, she'll be safe with me." Kylie flashed her charming smile. "My mom has already sent most of our stuff to the apartment and already called an old family friend to pick us up. We'll be fine."

The intercom came on, announcing it was time to board the plane for our flight. Kylie ran to hug her parents one last time before joining me again.

"We should probably get going," I said. I gave a final look to Rebecca and my dad. I paused for a moment, silently searching the airport. For a moment, I wished it would have been like the movies. Where Taylor runs into the airport and tries to stop me from leaving.

But sadly, life wasn't at all like the movies. I would have left anyways.

We boarded the plane and I searched for my seat. Kylie sat right in front of me with another girl who looked to be my age. I finally found my spot and sunk into my seat. I closed my eyes and sighed peacefully. This was only going to be a 6 hour trip, so I could catch up on my sleeping.

One I closed my eyes, my mind finally dozed off.

Until I gasped when I was hit with a heavy object. I opened my eyes to find a brown leather bag in my lap.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry."

I turned to see a tall pale guy with black hair and the pair of the most beautiful blue eyes. I noticed freckles sprinkling across his nose and a smile appearing on his full lips.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to throw my bag." He apologized in a foreign accent I couldn't quiet figure out, "I didn't think anyone would be sitting next to me. I'm Jasper."

He sat beside me and I didn't realize that my body started to tense.

"I-It's okay, Jasper." I waved his apology over, "I'm fine. Here's your purse."

He chuckled as I handed him the bag. "It's a sachel."

I mentally face palmed myself as he corrected me.

"So what brings you to New York?" He asked politely.

I sighed and closed my eyes to continue my slumber, "To get away from everything." I breathed.

"Me too." He said in his thick accent.

I opened my eyes and turned to him, "Where are you from?"

"Paris, France." He smiled again. "And you?"

"America." I murmured, and he laughed lightly.

"What is your name if I might ask?"

"Avalyn. But you can call me Ava."

"And what is it exactly Avalyn are you getting away from?" He asked.

I didn't feel comfortable spilling my guts to a stranger so I kept my responses at a minimul.

"Everything." I shrugged, "What about you? What made you leave Paris?"

"I felt like my hometown wasn't somewhere I wanted to spend the rest of my life in." He explained, "I heard so much about New York and it's tall buildings. I always wanted to try their.. how do you say it, hot dogs?"

My eyes widened slightly and I stiffled a chuckle. "You've never tried a hot dog?"

He shook his head. "Maybe if you have the time, you can come with me to try one."

"Yeah.. maybe." I gave a small smile before leaning my head against the plane window. I closed my eyes peacefully and let myself doze off into unconsciousness.

..

Ohh la la, cute french boy? Uh, freak yes.

Jasper - Joshua Brand.