Crime Scene

The church bell hasn't stopped ringing for what felt like an eternity.
It was midnight. There wasn't anyone outside, normal people would sleep at a time like this unless they're drunk or waiting for Santa Clause to arrive at their homes. Nonetheless, it wasn't Christmas nor did Ambermoor have any bars. Every resident of this village, in this narrow valley, was sleeping tightly.
Although there being a woman praying in the church, no one else was around.
She had always been there praying for her daughter that she lost several years ago, a blonde girl who died due to mysterious circumstances. It's still unknown how her life ended after she fell.
Some people say it was her illness that got to her. However, her mother was sure that it wasn't her illness that caused her painful death.
No one has been close to her except for her friends. The mother is purporting a possible boyfriend. She alleged that her daughter was always taken care of by a boy after her legs stopped working.
Nevertheless, no one has ever seen her boyfriend besides her mother who is not to be trusted. Everybody thinks she turned crazy after the death of her daughter. According to that assumption, the mother is also babbling confusing stuff about her daughter's passing with more unlikely theories.
The only person who can claim the true happening of this accident is the deceased victim herself.

"Ma'am?" I stepped into the church in this mystical, foggy, lunatic, and cold night.
"..."
The mother of the lost child was standing there, praying in the front row.
Hillwillow always had a creepy era inside of it. The altar always made me feel dizzy when I would look at it. This time I was destined to enter. Interrupting someone who was praying was never my intention, although this was very important, so god wouldn't mind me raising my voice in the church to get her attention, would he?

"Ma'am!" I trembled a bit while shouting in the hall.
The echo reached her senses, she stopped stooping on the floor and stood up and faced the way the noise came from.
"Mrs. Dawnspell!" I couldn't hold my smile and ran towards her. "I'm so glad you're alright."
"..." she glared at me with saddening eyes.
"Mr. Cinderblood..." she decided to open up her mouth. "...what leads you to me?"
I was relieved, at first I was a bit worried that she might have been completely lost. Although, I wish her daughter would somehow show up again to see her mother one more time.
"I noticed that I forgot my book at school," I began explaining Mrs. Dawnspell on why I was here. "...so I was hurrying back to the academy to get it, but I past by the church so I decided to enter it and discovered your presence."
She was listening to me in all sorrowness.
"Lately I've been training my skills with my Hollow Scimitar due to me trying out new spells, I was in need of my weapon book."
Mrs. Dawnspell was interested into the story and listened more carefully, beneath that, I noticed a glimpse of worry in her eyes.
"That's when I noticed that my book was missing," I continued talking. "I needed to get it back immediately, the night is the only time of the day with enough time to practice."
"Practice?" she looked at me with big eyes. "What are you practicing for?"
"..." I wasn't expecting that. "I need to avenge my family."
"Ah, I see." Mrs. Dawnspell understood without asking any further questions which was quite unexpecting.
"I better get going, I need to get to school." I was quite uncomfortable now, I didn't like the fact that she brought up parts of my past.
I raised my voice in a childish manner, "I'm hoping the school isn't locked, haha."
"Wait!" Mrs. Dawnspell grabbed my arm and looked me deeply into the eyes. "I need to see her again, please."
"..."
How was I supposed to bring back a deceased girl from the dead? In all honesty, I think it might be impossible.
As much as I want her back, there just isn't a way to do that. Death is inevitable and most definitely not able to be tampered with.
"My dearest apologies, Mrs. Dawnspell." I had to tell her the truth. "You can't bring your daughter back."
"But..." she insisted.
"Annabelle died. I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do about it." I frowned.
She already managed to make me remember my childhood trauma with my family. Now she's trying to make me resurrect her daughter who's been dead for years? Who does she think I am? I don't want to go through it all again, besides, I'm not a witch.
"Your sister desired the same..." suddenly Mrs. Dawnspell brought up a heavy topic.
"How dare you," this was enough. "Don't bring her up."
"It wasn't your fault..." she continued.
"I told you to stop, didn't I?"
"I understand, you want to avenge your mother, your father, and your dear younger sister..."
"What words of stopping do you not understand?!"
"My daughter tried to cease him, but that's when it happened..."
"..."
"He paralyzed my daughter, killed your family, and crushed everybody else who was living in Swanford besides from us."
"..."
"Several years later in Ambermoor, he caused the coup de grâce to Annabelle."
"Mrs. Dawnspell..." I understood everything now. "There is no need for you to suffer anymore."
"..." she looked up to me.
Her long, blonde hair covered her face. Her small and short body was trembling. She took out a handkerchief and blew in it. Afterwards, she put her wavy hair behind her eyes and looked at me with her sparkling, blue eyes, and said, "Thank you...