Imbroglio

Here we are, at the rim of the origin. A place where life falls apart. A hole sealed since the beginning of creation. The children of light are closer to opening it each time one of them passes away. Soon that hole will open and suck all life and existence into it. Everything will cease. It will all seem like nothing ever happened. Everything will be gone, even nothingness. Like destruction that converges to nothingness, a creation that diffuses chaos. If even nothingness ceases to exist, that is when everything comes to an end.
The children of light cannot all die, or else the Universe will die too.
Whatever comes next is something we cannot prevent, because doom is upon us all. The sword of Damocles is waiting to kill every living organism when its time is up.
The children of light are life's only hope for survival.

"Cookie," Minetta smiles. "Will you help me create a fair society?"
"Yes," Cookie's eyes are shining out of happiness. "I want to aid you."
"Together we can serve justice to the world." Minetta laughs. "Your family would be proud of you."
"My sister...then she wouldn't hate me anymore..." Cookie cries tears of joy. "If only I could repair the past."
"Don't be wistful." Minetta comforts Cookie. "You can't change the past, but you can change the future."
"You really think so?"
"Yes, I really think so."

Everything was working perfectly. I was so close. Sooner or later I would have been able to deliver her to her, and then she would have created a fair society for me.
But my plan was ruined. And everything thanks to...

"Dagobert!" Cookie wraps her arms around his back.

This mute man who is acquaintances with Cookie stomped on my dreams. He destroyed my hope. How will I get her to believe me now?

"Are you okay?" she asks him.

Why is he here to ruin everything.

"You were with Kart? How is he doing?"

People like him...

"That's great news, I'm glad everyone is doing alright. Good recoveries to Tokyo!"

...I loathe them.

"You want to find an antidote for your curse? Let me help you!"

He ruined everything. He will pay.

"Cookie, honey?" I say.
"Yes, Minetta?" Cookie turns around.
"Let's go find Kart together."
"Actually, I made up my mind. I will apologise to him later. I at least know he's doing alright." Cookie smirks. "I will find a cure for Dagobert's curse."
"So you want to scrape your previous objection?" I feel hurt.
"Huh? I am not abandoning our mission. I'm contributing to a fair society by helping out Dagobert. That's what you wanted, right?"
"...Yes, thank you." I messed up.
Dagobert starts scribbling on a piece of paper and hands it to us.
"It's okay, I can also do it alone, sorry for burdening you."
He is already distancing himself from us.
"Wait, no!" Cookie stops him. "I want to help you."
Dagobert took her bidding into consideration.
I realized that if I stay quiet now, then it'll all would have been for nothing. Everything I have longed for all these years would be wasted. If I want the children of light to break the hole, so a fair society can adjourn, then I have to fulfil the last possible resort. I have to do what I do best...lie.
"Hey," I step in. "I know how to heal your curse."
Cookie and Dagobert both turn around out of surprise.
"Really?" Cookie's eyes sparkle.
Dagobert also seems excited.
My plan must succeed. I can't give up now. I've dragged this out for far too long. It's now or never. I don't have much time left before everything will crash down. If they unravel my lies, then it will cost my life, so I have to put my body I took care of all these years up to test, because hope is only a mask of despair.
"I've been waiting for a while now. If you strive for a just society, everything will be easier." I claim. "Dagobert, lend me your hand. I will show you the way to a brighter future."
He hesitates but then grabs my hand.
"Cookie?" I look at her.
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry."
I cling onto Dagobert and fly into the distance. I left Cookie there all by herself. My plan is done now. I just had to convince her to come follow me to this forest so she can be found by her.
Right now I only have to focus on Dagobert regaining his voice.
We are high up in the sky. I don't see Cookie anymore. She must be very confused, but that was intended. I had to lie to myself too. If I would tell the truth to anyone, even myself, then it could endanger me. The only truth I've ever spoken was me craving for a fair society, because that's what this world needs. A world like this has to disappear. The strong don't get what they deserve, and the weak get what they don't deserve. Everything here is so undynamic. Nothing makes sense. I am scared. Who am I? Why do I exist? Who am I deep inside? What is my purpose?
I look at Dagobert. He had wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Don't worry," I look at him. "I promise you, your voice will return."
He looks at me and nods. I suppose perhaps I can just give him his voice and die. I mean, she will create a fair society for me anyways. My mission was to deliver Cookie to her, so after that happens, she takes over from thereon.
I near the ground and let Dagobert hop off.
"Hey, I'm sorry." I say. "I don't know what's going on with me."
Everything I am doing is a perplexity. I am so afraid. Why am I still alive? I was born into this body three centuries ago. So why, why am I still not dead? This isn't fair at all. The others get to die while I get to live? I am sick of it. My lies just turn me into bewilderment. I don't know what's going on anymore.
Dagobert hugs me.
"Huh?" I gasp. "What are you doing?"
He isn't saying anything, I guess because he can't.
He lets go and looks at me. His facial expression is empty, just like mine. Looking into his eyes makes me realise how much pain he went through during his life.
He suddenly takes a pistol from his pocket and points it at me.
"What are you doing?" I tremble.
He grins and lowers the gun. Is he mocking me?
Dagobert was testing me. He pointed his gun at me to see my reaction. And it seems I still fear death. I just can't let go of life for some reason.
Dagobert looks at his pistol and points it at his head.
"WAIT!" I scream.
Dagobert is slowly forming something with his lips.
"Death is not the end of the road."
That's what I could read from his lips.
Dagobert now looks at me and smiles, forming more words with his lips.
"Thank you for showing me that death is meaningful for life."
"Huh?" I wonder what he means.
He now looks sadder than before. His lips form another sentence.
"I suppose I will never hear my voice."
"Hey..." I say. "You don't need a voice, you're perfect the way you are."
Dagobert smiles and moves his lips.
"You are a good being."
Bang.
Dagobert offed himself.
I walk over to his body and bend down. I grab the pistol and stand up. I look at the sun and smile.
"I can't keep any promises, so a fair society shall only convene when the world thinks it's time."
I aim the pistol at my cranium. I've come to the cognition after all these years of being alive, that life is precious. But unfortunately not for everyone.

Because a world like this only wants to make you die.
Bang.