Mission: Grace

"The stars are beautiful, aren't they?" says Sunny.
Sunny and I are both sitting in the attic of our house while glancing through the window. The pitch-black sky is filled with white dots, stars. The emptiness around the Earth is brightened by the innumerable stars shining nonstop. It's almost as if despair and hope are having a battle since the beginning of creation. Even though hope is losing, it's not giving up. The nothingness out there has lost to hope. Life was created by hope.
"I agree." I say.
"Kart?" Sunny asks me a question while staring at the stars. "Should we clean the attic sometime soon? It's really dusty."
"No need." I answer. "As soon as we defeat The Order of the Graceful Eternity, we can leave Ambermoor indefinitely."
"With everyone?"
"With everyone." I assert.
"I have a feeling everything will change after Mission Grace." claims Sunny.
"A lot has already changed, what more can happen?"
"A lot, Kart. A lot. I can't deny that I have felt like I was thrown in at the deep end every time we lost someone..."
I look at Sunny. She seems more dead than alive.
"...but I can't face the harsh reality that I might lose you or Sweet."
"..." I can't say anything to comfort her because I have the same worries.
"I feel horrific just thinking about the past. I feel terrible that I survived and the others didn't. I mean...do you even remember how Diva looked or sounded like? It all feels like it's been years, but it's only been a few months."
"If we feel guilty for living, then there's no point in even existing in the first place, is there?" I mumble.
"What?" Sunny is confused.
"I can't promise you anything, Sunny." I say. "I don't have the ability to see the future, nobody has."
"..."
"I can't tell you I'll be fine tomorrow because I don't even know myself. I might die on the mission. What do you expect me to say?" I sigh.
"Geez, Kart." Sunny seems hurt. "I was only venting to you. I know you can't help me, because you couldn't from the start."
"...what?"
"I know we are twins, but you are older by a few minutes. So you should have been more reliable. Back in Manora you locked yourself in and I was alone. I know you were hurt, but you should know you aren't the only one in pain. To me, it felt like I lost my brother."
"Sunny..."
"And let's not forget the fact that you killed me. It's hilarious if I think about it. I mean, imagine Fault wouldn't have been there to save me. Then you would have been locked up in prison for life."
"Sunny-"
"And when the nurse came to school and terrorized us, we ended up splitting up even though-"
"SUNNY!"
My sister startled.
"I'm sorry, okay?" I apologize. "I know I'm a terrible brother, I am aware of that. I am a murderer. I killed you, Stellar, Adrianna, and even helped kill Nerdy..."
"Hold on." Sunny's eyes are widely open. "You killed...Adrianna? Huh..?"
"..."
"..."
"She wanted me to shut her down."
"You know what. I have no words. I don't even know what to say anymore. The police suck at doing their job." Sunny crosses her arms. "We lost everyone."
"There is still hope."
"What kind of hope is there supposed to be? Our whole family is dead except for our aunt and maybe our cousin. And now even our friends are dying. There is nothing for us in this sorrowful and meaningless world. Do we only exist to suffer? I can't take it anymore. I-"
"Sunny." I grab her hands. "The kind of hope I mean is right there."
I point at the sky.

"The stars are our salvation."

D-Day.

The battle of the stars begins.

It all feels like a faint memory from the past.

I still remember the training we had yesterday. However, back then, it felt like this day would never come.

But the truth is, the day of the happening will always come.

We will all have to face the wrath of time.

That's the sad truth.

"Hold out your hands and perform your magic." says Agent Brianna.
We all stretch out our arms and conjure our superpowers.
The massive hole Angel had created recovered. It's still unstable but sealed. I feel uncomfortable knowing we have someone as vicious as him on our team. But Brianna said he's strong, so we need him.
Zee has conjured some green slime balls which are levitating.
Carla managed to roughly rotate the wind.
Dani is piercing leaves.
Angel is watching her and smiling menacingly. He then picks up a leaf and it pops.
"Eek!" Dani startled.
Angel laughs.
In the meanwhile, Mujunii is playing around with his Abiotic Summoning by changing the temperature around us from cold to hot.
"Stop doing that, will you?!" complains Sweet while practicing with two scythes.
"I'm sorry." Mujunii laughs it off and plays around with the humidity now.
I, on the other hand, am the least productive. Even Angel is doing more than me. I just still am a bit scared of using my power or telling the others, who don't know the truth, about it.
"Kart, what's wrong?" asks Agent Brianna. "Are you having trouble?"
"Oh, no. Not at all! Just...unsure of what to do." I respond vaguely.
"Hmmm, perhaps focus on the grass?" she says. "I can't help you out much since I am not familiar with your power Darkness."
Wrong, it's Necrotic Affinity, but I can't tell anyone about it, or at least shouldn't.
"O-okay!" I quickly focus on the grass. "Grass, here you go!"
I start sweating from nervousness. I am having trouble doing something to the grass. Someone, help me!
To my luck, Angel noticed me and walks over. He stares at me and then starts laughing, "Haha! You are so weak!"
"Stop it, Angel." Dani came to my aid. "Let him train properly. Don't interrupt him, please."
Angel turns around and looks at Dani as if she had done something really horrible.
He gets closer to Dani and grabs her jaw ungently.
"Who are you to tell me what to do, little piggy?" Angel looks down at her.
"R-right, sorry..." Dani regrets standing up for me, but I am thankful.
"Come on, focus!" demands Agent Brianna.
"He's hopeless, just forget it." Angel sighs. "Someone like him is just a waste of space in this world."
After hearing that, I got mad. I still can't believe he thinks he's on top of the world. Angel! I'll show you what I'm capable of!
Suddenly, the grass surrounding Squad 2 turns to ash. Nothing else happened.
"..." Angel is a bit speechless. "Haha....turning things to ash is supposed to be efficient? Don't make me laugh."
"..."
"How about you turn me into ash!" cheers Angel.
"W-what, are you insane!? That would kill you!" I protest.
"I am talking about my clone, dumbass." sighs Angel.
Instantaneously, Angel's skin started boiling.
"H-huh!?" Carla covers her mouth and tries to suppress her screaming unsuccessfully. "YAAAAAAAA!!"
"What the fuck is happening!?" Zee lost focus and all the slime he conjured landed on him.
Angel then split into two identical lookalikes. His skin starts hardening and his limbs grow back. His body recovered.
In front of us are two Angels. The real one and the doppelganger.
"There!" smiles Angel. "You are supposed to attack that Angel, not me! Hahahahahah!"
"Your power is out of this world!" Brianna seems amazed.
Angel smirks.
"More like a fever dream with the main character being overpowered..." yammers Mujunii.
Angel turns around and gives him a killer-look.
Mujunii is overawed and stops talking without procrastination.
"Anyways, kill me." smiles Angel.
"..." I look at Angel's doppelganger and get into posture.
Angel's clone is mentally deceased. It's just standing there with blind eyes and an open mouth. It's also moaning like it's suffering. I will put an end to its suffering. And just like that, Angel's doppelganger turns to ash.
Everyone startled. Dani even stumbled and fell out of shock. However, on the contrary, Angel seems amazed.
"PRECIOUS! THIS WILL BE FUN!" he cheers and jumps around.
He then grabs the dust of his clone and pours it on top of him.
"Brianna..." mumbles Carla. "Why did you let a psychopath into our squad!?"
"To be honest..." Brianna seems lost.