The Absolute Truth

The second level is progressing.

Please enter the room behind the door you are standing at.

Level two has began.

"..."

"Huh, I guess escaping this fate proclaims death."

Four people find themselves in a lobby of some kind of hotel. It seems quite modern but there is no source of light. It's pitch black.
Thankfully, all the participants are equipped with a night vision function constructed in their eyes.
A few chairs and a reception with some plants are placed in the lobby. It also has a red carpet and lamps that don't function.
The room isn't as humongous as other places, but enough for a few people to fit in.
There is an entrance and a door that most likely leads farther into the hotel. However, both of the doors are shut. The entrance has chains wrapped around it and is built out of metal, making it impossible to break through.
The other door, on the other hand, is just locked normally, the participants will probably have to find a key or some kind of clue to progress and escape this time stuck dimension.

The four people were identified as...

...the victims of the rampage.

Knologos Nile - 16 year old Student of the Academy of Essence.

Mercury Dirize - 36 year old Professor of the Academy of Essence.

Fifty Lowwing - 15 year old Student of the Academy of Essence.

Audacious Terrawood - 17 year old Student of the Academy of Essence.

All of them rose from the floor, and after they were placed in the lobby, the floor descended again, closing the four trapdoors.
The second challenge had officially begun.

All of them observed each other carefully, not saying a word. Even though they knew each other, all of them were informed about their current case from the first challenge. Not all of them have gotten all of the important information, only the info that is necessary to win this challenge.
The one who got the important information is deceased.
Everyone knew why they were here, but it was still quite astonishing for them to detect familiar faces in a sudden death game which would determine if they could go back to the surface or deeper into Earth.
Losing this game meant death, winning this game meant life. It was their decision to work together and survive, or split up and feel distrust.

"My intuition was correct." stated Professor Dirize proudly, placing his hands on his hips, looking around the room.
"What..?" asked Audacious.
"The laser gun was a prudence after all." explained Mr. Dirize. "It brought us to this arena, to fight against each other like animals, so in the end the winner would escape."
"Like animals?" Fifty mumbled.
Mercury Dirize nodded, "I'm sure they are trying to put us in distrust, this is the harsh truth of this game."
The professor seemed like he earned a lot of information in his first game, but not the information he needed.
"But why?" questioned Knologos. "Why are we brought here and not killed instead?"
His question managed to keep everyone from saying anything.
"Good question." acknowledged Audacious. "I am assuming that everyone who got hit with the beam is here."
"But we are on the second level," Fifty brought up a good point. "Could someone have failed the first level?"
Fifty asked an interesting question. Someone could have died in the first level. But it seems like none of the four men have a single clue of who it might have been.
"I was the first victim, so I don't really know how many people got dragged into this mess alongside me." asserted Knologos.
"Following his death, I came to check out what was happening, but I recall still seeing Fifty alive, so I must have been the second victim, I presume." thought Mercury.
"That's right, I died after him and then-" Fifty paused for a second.
His eyes opened widely and he shuddered. He was afraid of seeking the truth, of whom the anonymous victim on the first floor was.
"Matei..." began Fifty, still trembling. "He tried to help me, but he didn't succeed."
Fifty collapsed on the floor, "He must have been the v-"
"No, that's wrong." shouted Audacious, interrupting Fifty's speech.
Fifty glimpsed at him with hope, wishing that someone would prove him wrong. Telling him that Matei survived.
"Matei is alive." reassured Audacious. "He morphed into a Crane-Bird and flew away in all his pride."
Fifty sighed of relief, "Thank you for the confirmation."
Audacious had an emotionless expression, it seems like he figured out something else.
"I know who the victim on the first floor is."
Everyone in the room looked at Audacious. The surprising looks on their faces gave away their curiosity.
"It must be her." Audacious watched the ground while talking, he seemed upset over his cognition. "I tried protecting Sweetie Luna."
The other three listened carefully while Fifty got up and stood preposterous. He had an empathic expression hiding beneath his face.
"I failed," continued Audacious. "The girl in black got me."
None of the others said a word until Knologos tried to comfort Audacious.
"Couldn't it have been someone else?" he asked. "Perhaps the culprit shot someone around Sweetie Luna, I'm assuming she wasn't the only one around."
Audacious had a small smile on his face, "Well, you're right, we weren't the only ones around, but the others couldn't help us."
Professor Dirize stepped in this time, "How come..?"
"You see," Audacious smiled painfully. "We were locked in a barrier, forcing the others to watch us get killed."
"..." Knologos was speechless.
Fifty patted Audacious's shoulder and said, "Then it's certain. She was without a doubt the victim on the first floor."
It came over a bit provoking, but then Fifty hugged Audacious, "I'm really sorry, she tried her best."
Audacious had empty eyes, but he thanked his friend quietly, forcing his tears to stay put.
Mercury Dirize tried to cheer up the mood a bit, "We should probably start investigating."
"You're right, let's do it for Sweetie Luna." Knologos grinned and searched behind the counter of the reception.
The lobby is the second floor of the sudden death challenge. Everyone here had an individual challenge regarding the first floor, but it seems like not all of them made it out of there alive. The boys recognized that Sweetie Luna Featherbow had been the anonymous fifth person amongst them who died without ever meeting anybody. She got swallowed by her own world and died without ever knowing the truth. Now it was the boys's turn to prove justice.
"There's a radio under the counter." discovered Knologos and put the radio on top of the reception table. "The connection is unreachable and we don't have any CDs or audiocassettes."
"Are you sure about that?" Mercury Dirize plunged his hand in one of the plant vases, scavenging around in the dirt reaching for some kind of object within it.
"What did you find in that pile of shit?" Knologos facepalmed.
Professor Dirize caught a dirty, tiny shaped rectangle. He patted of the soil and identified the object as an audiocassette. "There we go."
Knologos was shocked but opened the radio front assisting his instructor by letting Mr. Dirize put in the cassette.
Audacious and Fifty were called over and all of them assembled around the radio. Knologos pressed the ON button and they heard a voice.
A deep and manly voice started calmly talking.