Remnants of the Void

"What are you talking about, Knologos..?" asks Echo.
We are all scattered around the grass field where the black building once stood. Mission Grace was successfully accomplished mere seconds ago, just so the next calamity can commence and rule over our exhausted and weak bodies.
"Is...is it not over yet..?" asks Fault.
"I'm sorry." says Knologos. "I am so sorry for having lied to all of you..."
"Knologos...what are you on about...you're scaring me..." mutters Sunny.
"I have to do as I am told." mumbles Knologos. "Or else my mother will die."
"Where is your mother, Knologos?" asks Mia. "Is she sick? We can help her."
"She's at home." says Knologos.
"Great!" cheers Mia. "Then let's go to your house and-"
"In a different galaxy." Knologos cuts Mia's words.
"Huh?" Mia is confused.
"My mother is not on Earth." says Knologos.
"..." Mia isn't sure of what to say.
"That's right," another voice joins the conversation. "She's back in Andromeda."
Suddenly, a giant man appears behind Knologos and puts his hand on his shoulder. He isn't human. His skin is grey and blood-red. He's twice as tall as an average human being. His veins are grey and seem to be on the verge of popping. He has weird, slimy, black tentacles wiggling around his back. They are attached to his body. He has about eight of them. His face looks scary, he has sharp teeth and a big mouth.
"Mavin," says the man. "Your son will save you."
"Um..." Tron is confused. "Who...are...you..?"
The man noticed Tron, who is a midget compared to him, and answers, "How impolite of me! Let me introduce myself."
He smiles and says, "I am Kairkaids, the father of your adversary, nice to meet you."
"Adversary..?" Sweet is perplexed. "He is our friend, not opponent. And who are you to determine that? We aren't scared of you, we've been through worse."
"Little girl," Kairkaids leans down and stares into Sweet's face, breathing heavily. "You aren't supposed to be afraid of me. The one who you shall fear is HIM!"
He points to Knologos.
Everyone looks at him. Knologos Nile is standing there, in the middle of us all, trembling and sweating a lot.
"Father...is there really no other-"
"SON!" Kairkaids grabs both of his son's shoulders and shouts. "LISTEN TO ME! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR SISTER MARIA?!"
I noticed Sunny flinch and wanting to rip Kairkaids's hands from Knologos's shoulders, but she ended up refraining from acting cathartic.
"MARIA IS DEAD BECAUSE OF THESE FILTHY HUMANS! EVERYONE BACK AT HOME IS IN DANGER! IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DO, THEN EVERYTHING WILL BE LOST!" Kairkaids started shaking the distressed Knologos.
"YOUR MOTHER IS ALL ALONE! SHE WILL DIE IF YOU-"
"STOP!" screeches Sunny. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"
She runs towards Knologos and tries to push away his father, failing to do so.
"YOU'RE HURTING HIM! DON'T YOU SEE THE PAIN HE IS IN!?" screams Sunny. "WHAT KIND OF FATHER ARE YOU!?"
"Sunny..." mumbles Rain.
"NO!" shouts Sunny. "He HAS to hear this! This so called father has been mistreating his son as well as having left his sick wife at home all alone!"
"..." Kairkaids seems mad.
"KNOLOGOS!" Sunny wraps her arms around him. "Are you okay!?"
"Sunny..." mumbles Knologos.
"BULLSHIT!" screams Kairkaids.
He grabs Sunny by her shirt and throws her.
"SUNNY!" I scream.
My sister landed in front of Echo, hurt badly.
"DON'T LISTEN TO THESE FILTHY IMBECILES!" shouts Kairkaids. "DESTROY THIS PLANET ALREADY!"
"Huh!?" Tron is shocked. "D-destroy!?"
"Don't do it!" shouts Fault. "You have friends here! Why on Earth would you destroy it!?"
"Please..." mumbles Knologos.
"THESE HUMANS KILLED MARIA!" roars Kairkaids. "THEY ANNIHILATED COUNTLESS RESIDENTS OF GALAXY ANDROMEDA!"
"My ears..." mutters Knologos.
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???" shouts Mujunii. "NO ONE DID SHIT!"
"Please stop shouting..." Knologos is holding his ears.
"ANDROMEDA IS LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM THE MILKY WAY!" screams Floof. "YOU'RE LYING! HUMANS DON'T HAVE THE POWER TO TIME TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE! YOU'RE JUST CRAZY!!"
"Aaah..." Knologos's eyes are tearing up. "H-help me..."
"VILLAINS!" shouts Kairkaids. "I WILL NOT ALLOW ANY OTHER LIVING BEING SURVIVE EXCEPT FOR ANDROMEDA!"
"Maria..." Knologos is crying. "I miss you..."
"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" screams Cookie. "ARE YOU TRYING TO ERADICATE HUMANITY OR SOMETHING!? I HATE THESE POWER-THIRSTY ANTAGONISTS!"
"G-guys..." Knologos mumbles. "Please stop raising your voices..."
"This father is fucking insane!" vociferates Sid.
"I said..." mumbles Knologos.
"PLANET EARTH MUST DIE FOR ANDROMEDA TO-"
"SHUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUP ALREADY!!!!" screams Knologos all of a sudden.
His voice sounds horrible. It's the voice of someone who lost everything. A voice of someone in despair.
We all turned quiet. No one said a word. I only noticed that more and more people started coming closer. Everyone who survived Mission Grace is still here, but barely anyone has still power left to do anything.
"Miss..." mumbles Echo in the back. "I...I think you should escort the others with Agent James Madison..."
Agent Asia Lone nods.
Echo kneels down and tenderly strokes Sunny's cheek.
"Everything will be okay." she says softly. "Knologos won't hurt us."
"I..." mumbles Sunny. "I'm not afraid of him hurting us."
Sunny slowly gets up.
"Don't overexert yourself..." murmurs Echo.
"I...I'm just..." Sunny sobs. "I feel guilty."
"Why?" asks Echo.
"I was too focused with my own feelings and wanting to get sympathy, that I neglected my friends's feelings..." Sunny cries. "I never asked Sweet if she felt okay. But she always asked me. And now she's broken, only still alive so I won't get upset...and Knologos...I was too preoccupied with my feelings for him...that I never tried to see his point of view. He lost his little sister...left his home planet...disappeared for months...has an abusive father...and I? I never asked him how he felt because I felt as if the Universe revolved solely around me. I didn't care about anyone else but myself. I thought I was the only human in this Universe who felt the worst, but I was wrong. I am not the only one who's sad. I'm just the only one who isn't hiding it. My obsession for receiving compliments has led me to negligence."
"..." Echo suddenly seems upset.
"If Knologos..." says Sunny. "If he's mad at me...he has every right to be. The same with Sweet and everyone else. In the end I'm only just a dumb, little girl who doesn't understand how life works. Someone who doesn't want to face the harsh reality of youth and growth. I will never be able to become a proud adult if I-"
"Stop talking like that!" Echo slaps Sunny's shoulder. "It hurts to listen to you suffer! I get it, you can't forgive yourself for having neglected your friends's feelings, but it's still not too late to ask them now. They're still here with you."
"Echo..." Sunny is startled.
"You might be right." says Echo. "You aren't the only one feeling like crap. I am also not in the healthiest mindset right now. Ever since we lost Diva...and then also Kitty and Leo...and many more...I started rendering myself as useless. I was ashamed of my futile power. Nirvana? The only thing I can do is put people in bubbles, excluding them from the world. That's it. Do you know how jealous I was of everyone else? Their powers had meaning, and mine never had any. I only exist for one purpose; and that is to protect people. That's how I started trying to love myself. Even though I lost my best friend Kitty, I still wanted to matter and help."
Echo looks at Sunny and smiles, "Life is strange, is it not? Nobody knows what it is, and why we exist. There is no answer to our existence. We only do what our bodies are programmed for. And humans, we have the ability to do much more than any other being. If it's an advantage, I cannot answer. Because having to live and question why you exist at the same time is frightening. Animals can't think that far. They just survive. They aren't able to do much more than live and die."
Echo looks up at the sky and says, "I suggest you enjoy your life before it's too late. This whole thing we know as existence could one day be all gone. So please, don't just survive...but also live."
"Thank you," Sunny smiles. "Echo...you're a good person."
Echo smiles.

Kart's fantastical journey!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें