Chapter 15: news

//I cut my own hair like how people do the wolf cut on tiktok lol//

Sapnap looked at his hands. "really I.. I don't know.. maybe.." he cringed at the thought. "Maybe he just.. he's felt bad and he hasn't been himself for a long time now.. at our house he'd stay in his room all day sometimes and.. i-it was getting worse I think-... I-i just.. I can't believe I didnt- i-i-"

Dream hugged him. "It's not your
fault.." he whispered. Sapnap wiped his face and hugged back. He just wished he'd stayed with Wilbur more, instead of letting him stay away in his room all day.

Maybe if he had of done things with Wilbur he wouldn't have gotten this sad. But sapnap didn't realize wilbur was getting worse but not just because he was alone.

Things would all make sense with his diagnosis, when and if he even got one. George came back and sat down sniffling. Dream kissed his head. "He's gonna be ok.." he said softly.

He stood and left to the hospital room.
Sapnap began talking to george.
Dream shut the door and sat beside wilbur in the chair. "hey babe.. it's dream now.." he said softly, taking wilburs hand and rubbing it softly.

"I'm so sorry you went through this alone.. we're gonna make sure we're here for you now ok baby..? I promise.." wilburs hand gave a soft squeeze, alerting dream.

He looked at him. "Will?" He ask.
Wilburs face didn't change, but his eyes opened. Dream moved and gently held his hand. "h-hi- will.." wilburs head didn't move but his eyes did.

They looked at dream, they were dull and emotionless looking, blaming that partially on the pills. His mouth opened but nothing came out. He closed it and frowned.

Dream sat beside him cautiously. "Your ok will.." wilbur didn't know how or why he was alive. He thought he was dead. Why wasn't he?

Tears came to his eyes but his body felt so weak. He couldn't do anything but moved his eyes and maybe wiggle his fingers a little. Dream held his hand. "Hey your ok will.. we're here.. we aren't going anywhere.."

Now, wilbur didn't know exactly how to feel. Angry, because he didn't die, but now regretful that he even tried.
Embarassed he failed and that everyone knew how horrible he really had been feeling.

He didn't want to feel this. He closed his eyes again. "Right.. your probably really weak right now.. you need plenty of rest.. I promise we're gonna help you through this.. I promise..'

Wilbur knew they wouldn't leave his side now, and he felt a bit happy about that, but he knew it was just because of what he'd done.

But it wasn't their fault.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The next day bad and skeppy knew they had to tell family and people the bad news. Though they didn't want to.
The first person to know was puffy, so she could tell tommy, then techno, then Sam then Phil.

And, no one took it very well.

Puffy teared up and covered her mouth. "What..? O-ok I'll.. I'll tell him.." she hung up and went upstairs composing herself best she could.

She knocked on his door and heard a come in. She opened it and rubbed her arm. "Hey tommy.. um.."
Tommy sat up and looked at her. He could tell something was wrong.

"Tommy.. wilburs in the hospital right now.." tommy tensed up and looked at her. "What..? Why? What happened?" He ask fully concerned.

"Well um.. he.." she ran a hand through her hair. How could she tell him this? How did she word it so it didn't sound as bad as it was? There was no sugar coating this.

"He overdosed.. uh.. last night.. so.. he's in ET right now.." tommy's heart dropped. Wilbur wouldn't- he couldn't- wilbur was fine the day he-

She hugged him, "I'm sorry but we can go visit soon" she said. Tommy was in shock really. But as soon as he processed it he slapped his hand over his mouth and started sobbing.

People don't do that because it just happens, wilbur must have been feeling so low, yesterday, and tommy just left him.

As soon as techno got the call he left immediately. He was worried but he didn't cry. Sam grabbed ponk and told him and they left the house immediately. Wilbur was like his son, as was tommy and techno.

He's known them all since they were babies.

This wasn't good news at all.
Yet no one expected this news anyways.