Chapter 32: waiting

"oh.. Karl.." he hugged him again.
Karl tried his hardest not to burst into tears in the middle of the store.
"Is.. is it for you..?" Wilbur ask softly, with sympathetic eyes.

Karl dipped his head down in shame and nodded slowly. Wilbur rubbed his back. "Hey, it's ok.. how about we pay for our things then we can go talk about it ok..? If you want.."

Karl nodded and wiped his eyes again.
Wilbur walked down another isle getting what he needed then he and Karl went up to the cashier to pay.

Karl was very upset. He felt so embarrassed but he guessed he did really need to talk to someone, and wilbur was the best person to talk to.

The two headed outside and found a bench, sitting on it and sitting their bags down. "Ok.. what happened?" Wilbur ask, gently taking Karls hand for support.

"W-well uh.." he sniffled and looked at the ground. "Me and my boyfriend were together for two years.. i-im 18 now.. but uh.. one night about two weeks ago we decided to take our relationship further.. s-so we did.. I-i thought everything was gonna go fine, b-but he left me last week.. exactly a week after.. a-and- w-we were stupid and didn't use protection- I-i was already worried enough as it was but we just- i-i don't know" he started crying again, this time harder.

Wilbur hugged him tightly and rubbed his back. "I'm so sorry.." he frowned. Karl cried and shook. "I-i regret it so much now, i-i don't know what I'm gonna do if it's positive-"

Wilbur rubbed his back. "Hey.. there's still a chance it's negative.." "yeah a low one" he sniffled wiping his face. "How about you come to my house and take it.. I'll be there for you ok..?"

Karl nodded. He really didn't want to take it but he had to see if it was positive or not. Wilbur stood and picked up his bag. Karl stood after and picked his up and followed beside wilbur. Wilbur texted sapnap telling him he was on his way home.

Karl seemed really scared and upset. But Karl was wilburs best friend, his only friend. He was going to help him through this. Especially if it was positive.

He saw the panic on his face. He gently took his hand and held it. "it's gonna be ok.." he said softly.
Karl nodded but he didn't believe him. But it was nice hearing.

They arrived at the house and went inside. Wilbur went upstairs and led Karl to the bathroom. "Ok.. you have your bag.. go ahead and take it, I'll be out here.."

Karl nodded and turned on the bathroom light. Sapnap came out and looked at them. "Karl? What're you doing here?' Karl jumped and shifted looking at the ground. "He needed to use our bathroom" wilbur spoke up smiling.

Sapnap nodded. "Oh, cool, uh- will, george had to go home and dreams in the room" wilbur nodded. "Alright"
Karl turned and shut the bathroom door. He really didn't want to take this test. But he had to.

He looked at the mirror. He really really hoped it was negative. Wilbur waited outside the bathroom, talking to sapnap. Sapnap was making sure wilbur was ok.

Wilbur smiled and held up his bag. "I got us some snacks by the way" he said. "Oh, is that what you went to the market for?" Wilbur looked at the bag. "No"

"What did you get?" Wilbur didn't want this to seem bad. But he'd gotten medicine. Pills specifically. But they were for his stomach.

"Y'know how my stomach has been hurting recently?" Sapnap nodded. "Yeah, I got medicine for nausea and stomach pain.." sapnap inhaled and nodded again. "Alright, did you need to take one now?" Wilbur shook his head.

Sapnap took the bag gently. "Then I'll take this to the room and we can sort out the snacks" he said smiling.  Wilbur nodded. "Alright.."

He knew he wasn't trusted with anything like that still. He didn't blame them for being worried about it.

It was his fault. Right now he needed to focus on one thing. Karl. He turned to the door and knocked gently. "hey Karl?  How are you doing in there?' he ask.

Karl opened the door. He was crying. Wilbur immediately felt bad for him. "did you get the results..?' Karl shook his head. "I have to wait a bit.." wilbur nodded and waited with him, holding his hand.