Chapter 79: birthday

Sapnap was released from the hospital. The day after was wilburs birthday. He spent the day with his boyfriend's and his family at his own house.

They had a cake and ordered food from his favorite restaurant. Wilbur was very happy that day. He could now do things he hadn't been able to do before.

He could go to certain stores, and best of all, he could talk to his doctor and psychiatrist about a surgery as well.
He honestly never thought this day would come, that he'd never make it to this day.

That he would've been gone long ago, but.. he had his boyfriend's to think for this.. for keeping him alive this long..

As he was sung happy birthday, he thought about his wish. He watched the flames. He thought about every hard thing he'd been through, and when sapnap and everyone came into his life, how he realized now that it was meant to happen.

If it hadn't, he wouldn't be here right now. Being sung this birthday song, being 18, having all these amazing people here with him.

It was like slow motion as they sung.
He closed his eyes. Sapnap was there for him through most of everything, his panic attacks, his hospital visits, episodes, when he was lonely a year ago, how he'd basically pulled him out of the deep sinking water.

How george had been there on some sad days and how he'd cheer him up, dream cuddling him and making him laugh from his wheezing and horrible jokes, and Karl making him feel loved with his praises and helping him loosen up.

He's changed as a person absolutely.
It felt amazing to finally realize how important every one of them were to him. If they hadn't forced him into therapy where would he be now..?

Still depressed and probably.. definitely not good at all.
So, as he re opened his eyes, he made his wish.

For them to stay with him forever.

He blew out the candles and he heard clapping and giggling. Wilbur giggled and everyone was served cake.
He was given a few presents, he was really greatful.

At the end of the night, he sat on his bed and looked at his lap. Things were definitely changing like bad said..
He knew It would still take a while and he'd still have bad days, but..

He really was getting better..

Sapnap george dream and Karl came in and sat with him. "How was today?' dream ask smiling at him. "really good.. I realized.. quite a few things.. you guys quite literally changed my life.. I wouldn't be here.. 18.. without you.." sapnap smiled softly and hugged him softly.

Everyone joined in a group hug.
"So.. I actually got you a gift, I didn't think you should open it with everyone else in there though" he snickered.

Wilbur giggled. "Oh God, what did you do?" Sapnap pushed a box to him and hummed. Wilbur smiled and opened it.

He pulled out a skirt and smiling. "Aw it's pretty" sapnap chuckled. "that one's from George, we all got you something and put it in this box"

"Awh, you guys are sweet..' Karl giggled. He laid the skirt down and smiled. He pulled out colorful pins and bracelets in a bag. "Karl?" Karl snickered. "aw you could tell" wilbur giggled.

He pulled out a notebook and different color thin markers. George hummed. "Decided maybe you'd want to write your emotions out.. different scents and colors for the different feelings,.. I thought.. you don't just have to write about sad things.. write about when your happy, sad, discusted, confused, angry, anything.. it doesn't just have to be bad.. then.. once the whole book is filled.. you can go back and look through.."

//I think I just created a really good idea-//

Wilbur smiled softly. "Aw.. that's.. a really good idea.. thank you.." he hugged him. George giggled and nodded. he sat the book down and blinked.

He pulled out a.. collar..? It was pink and had the words in white 'baby girl' sapnap bursted out laughing and winced slightly. "Sorry- I just- I saw that in the store and I thought it was really funny-"

Dream wheezed. Karl blushed and giggled into his sleeve. George punched sapnaps arm lightly. Wilbur stared at it. 'girl'. He flushed and just stared.

Sapnap wiped his eyes and looked at him giggling. "I'm sorry I just- I thought it was cute and funny-"
Wilbur sat it down and rubbed his arm. "Uhm.. no.. don't apologize, uh.. I like it?" He giggled nervously.

Sapnap stopped laughing. "Really?"
Something was just.. appealing about it..? No not the fact it was a collar, lol.

He looked into the box and blinked.
"Oh- dream you didn't get anything?' he ask smiling. Dream gently pulled a box out and sat it in front of him.

"Be gentle.." Wilbur blinked and opened the box. His eyes widened.
"O-oh-" he gently pulled out a small different shades of brown and white cat.

Tears formed in his eyes. "it's a girl by the way" dream smiled softly. "Wh-whats her name..?" "Whatever you want it to be.." wilbur held the small cat with the different colors on her.

"Uhm.. maybe.." he pet her. "Patches..?"