Chapter 21: answers

Wilbur sat with his three boyfriend's petting his bunny. But he knew the bunny wasn't alive. He wanted something small to pet that would appreciate his pets.

So, he looked at dream. Dream was on his phone watching videos. He looked at wilbur and giggled at the look on his face. "what?' he ask kissing his nose. Wilbur giggled and shifted.

"Bloby..?' he ask giving puppy eyes. Dream blushed. "here? But-" wilbur whimpered. Dream gulped. He definitely couldn't say no.

He sighed softly and moved closer to wilbur, shifting into his blob form. Wilbur immediately seemed to brighten up and he put him in his lap. He kissed his head and scratched it.

As much as dream didn't like being in this form in front of anyone else, especially in a public place, he loved wilburs affection. He pushed into the affection and smiled, well, not like he had a choice to smile.

He let out purrs and small chirps.
Wilbur absolutely loved it. Especially in this headspace. He felt calm and happy now. At least in this headspace.

Dream laid his head onto wilburs stomach gently and closed his eyes.
Wilbur smiled and pet him. He felt safe for the first time in.. a very long time.

He had sapnap beside him, dream in his lap, and george in front of him.
He leaned back and closed his eyes still petting dream. Dream sensed how calm wilbur was and that made him feel happy.

Wilbur eventually fell asleep, his hand resting on dreams side.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wilbur still had to do his exercises throughout the day, he hated it, even more now that his boyfriend's we're here to watch. He felt embarassed over it for some reason.

Eventually, night came and the three were able to stay, there was a couch at the window and chairs. Though dream being able to be a blob could sleep with Wilbur to make more room for the other two. George took the couch and sapnap leaned back in a chair with a blanket over him and his head on a pillow.

Not the most comfortable thing, but he didn't mind. He was staying for wilbur.

The third day came and wilbur could walk, his legs still wobbily but he was held up a bit with some support from sapnap.

He eventually could walk on his own, just very wobbily. If he passed some tests today, he could go home. First he had to walk down the hall with no help. It was a little challenging but he managed after a few times.

After he had something to check his stomach, making sure there wasn't anything wrong with the inside.
After they looked into everything physical, they took him alone to a room for.. some sort of mental test.

He was told to tell the truth, the absolute truth to everything and he was given a small pill to take.
After he took it he was sat down and had to wait for someone to come in.

A psychiatrist, actually. But he didn't know that. The lady came in and sat in front of him with a notepad and papers.

She smiled at wilbur and handed him the paper. "I need you to answer everything on this paper, very truthfully, exactly what you feel you need to answer"

It was one of those depression tests you get at the doctors. The pill made wilburs head feel fuzzy, but not in the way it usually did.

Just enough to make sure he could understand the questions and to make sure he did answer exactly how he needed to.She handed him and pen and he slowly began to answer questions.

He stared at the questions and shifted. 'Have you dropped many of your activities and interests?'

Well, yes actually. He used to love hanging out with his lovers and going to the mall, recently, he didn't feel like it and he didn't have the energy.

So he marked yes.

'are you afraid something bad is going to happen to you?'

He had been feeling overly cautious and paranoid that day. So yes.

'do you often feel helpless?'

Yeah.. especially that day, one attack after another, throughout these past few months he didn't feel like he could get any help. It was scary. Still was.

'do you prefer to stay home instead of going out and doing things?'

Yes.

'do you feel full of energy?'

No.

'do you think it's wonderful to be alive now?'

... That last question caught him off guard. Did.. did he feel.. happy to be alive..? He didn't really think about it much since.. he did think he would rather have not survived than to still be here.. dealing with everything..

He could already feel the anxiety coming, he wasn't sure how to answer. Tears came to his eyes. What was he supposed to do? He gripped the paper slightly and stared at it.

The lady gently took the paper and took his hands. "Just breathe alright..? Your ok.. take your time.." her voice was soft and sweet.

He gulped and got calmed down enough. He took the paper back and answered it hesitantly. She took it back and put it in a file.

"I need to ask a few questions of my own, are you ok with that?" He nodded slowly. He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

He thought back on his answer and bit his lip.

No.