Chapter 67: bath

Karl gently ran his hand through wilburs hair. "We should get you a bath.." he said softly. Wilbur sniffled and nodded. "Can you stand up?" Sapnap ask softly. Wilbur shrugged. "Probably.." he slowly stood up, being helped by Karl.

Karl helped him to the bathroom though he didn't really need much help. Karl started the bath and got him a towel. Wilbur was definitely still embarassed about what happened but Karl and sapnap were more worried than anything.

Wilbur slipped off his clothes and got in the bath pulling his knees to his chest. Karl picked up the clothes and left the bathroom to put them in the wash.

Sapnap had the towels in the washing machine but he was waiting for the clothes. Once everything was in the wash they started it and Karl went back upstairs.

Sapnap went to the kitched where bad was cooking breakfast, or almost done cooking it anyway. "Dad where's the cleaning stuff" bad turned around. "The cleaning stuff?" Sapnap nodded.

"Why do you need cleaning stuff?" Sapnap rubbed his arm. "um.. something happened with Wilbur.. we're taking him to the doctor later.."

Bad frowned. "oh, well the cleaning stuff is under the sink in th cabinet"
Sapnap nodded and got the cleaning supplies. He thanked bad and went to the room and began cleaning.

Karl was sitting beside the bath with Wilbur holding his hand. "let's get you washed with soap ok..?" Wilbur looked at him. "Karl..?" He whispered. Karl grabbed a wash cloth. "yeah?'

"You know how last night I said I think I'm doing better mentally..?"
Karl nodded and gently washed his shoulders. Wilbur frowned and teared up. "I don't think I'm doing great physically" he whimpered looking down.

Karl stopped and sat the cloth down.
"..I'm sorry.." he said gently pulling him into a hug, though it was hard because wilbur was in the tub. Wilbur sniffled and hugged onto Karl.

"Hey.. I think it would be easier if I got in with you.. can I do that?' he ask softly. Wilbur sniffled and nodded. "if you want to..' Karl nodded and got up shutting the door all the way and took off his clothes. He stepped in and sat in the bath with wilbur.

Wilbur looked at him. "I'm really worried.." he whimpered. Karl pulled him close after making sure he was ok with it and stroked his hair. "Your gonna be ok.." wilbur hugged him tightly and hesitantly laid his head on his shoulder careful of his chest. He wasn't sure how exactly he'd feel about that.

Karl whispered soft words to him and continued to stroke his hair.
"This doesn't make you uncomfortable does it..?' wilbur ask hesitantly. "What do you mean?"

Wilbur shifted. "um.. being too close..?" Karl shook his head. "Of course not.. unless you are" he said pulling away slightly. Wilbur shook his head. "No I'm fine.. I like the comfort.."

Karl smiled softly and gently moved his head to lay on his chest. Wilburs face reddened but he stayed still. Karl giggled. "Are you sure your not uncomfortable?" Wilbur cleared his throat. "Nope, I'm fine," he smiled closing his eyes.

They heard the door open and sapnap came in shutting the door with a huff. He looked at the two and smiled softly. "Is everything ok now?" He ask sitting at the bath. Karl nodded. "Just need some time to relax a bit I guess.."

Sapnap nodded. "alright.. if I hadn't taken a shower this morning I would join you" he chuckled. Karl shrugged. "I guess it doesn't really matter though does it?" Sapnap shook his head. "Guess not, dunno if I could squeeze in though"

"You probably could if we moved.." the bath wasn't small, definitely could fit three people. Sapnap shrugged. "Well, if you want me to join I will" he said smiling.

The two nodded and scooted.

After the bath they all wrapped themselves in a towel and went back to Wilburs room, sapnap bringing his clothes with him.

Now they had to get ready for the doctor appointment.