Chapter 18: waiting

Wilbur laid wondering who he'd apologize to next. He hoped it wasn't tommy. He couldn't face his brother. Not yet. He couldn't handle seeing his broken face knowing wilbur tried leaving him.

He heard the door and he looked away from it. He didn't know if he could make eye contact with anyone who came in besides dream. Though he could hardly manage eye contact with him anyways.

They were quiet. Didn't say hi. They sat beside him and looked down not saying anything. Wilbur felt uncomfortable now. It was too quiet. He didn't like it.

Someone in here, whoever it was, either hated him, or didn't want to talk to him, and to wilbur, the worst, couldn't talk, for if they did they'd burst into tears like wilbur had.

He heard a soft sigh and then he felt his hand being held. "Hey will.." wilbur shifted. He knew that monotone low voice from anywhere.
"....hi techno.." he muttered.

He felt he could look at techno at least. He looked over. Techno surprisingly looked calm, but sad.
But not the kind that made him feel as much regret as someone else's would.

Techno sighed again. "How're you feeling?" Wilbur shrugged. "Tired..? Sick..? Embarassed..?" Techno nodded. "Understandable.." it was the kind of silence now that wasn't as awkward.

"Has the doctor said you can eat or drink anything?" Wilbur shook his head. "All he said that I can remember was I had fluids running into me right now so I'll probably have to pee a lot.." techno chuckled.

"Wow, still humourous" wilbur managed a small smile. This wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Technos reaction at least.
"Do you have to get up or they got you hooked up to something for it?'

"Right now I'm pretty sure I'm hooked to something so I don't have to get up.. I'm not gonna go until I ask just in case though" he chuckled. Then winced. A small pain shot through his stomach.

Techno nodded, a little worry in his eyes now. "Yeah.. are you ok..?' wilbur shrugged. "Guess I can't laugh well right now.. they pumped my stomach and I'm not sure if that's why it hurts or not but y'know..'

Techno nodded. "It's a good thing they did.." wilbur shifted. "Mhm..' he mumbled. Techno talked to him, trying to make him feel better with jokes and small talk. It did work.

Wilbur was less nervous and sad.
That was good. Techno got up and hugged him very gently, and a short hug too, then said goodbye and left.

Wilbur sighed softly. Maybe seeing someone else wouldn't be so bad.

This time he was visited by the doctor however instead of someone he knew. He ask him if he was ok with another visitor, and that if he wasn't he didn't need to push himself, he didn't want him to get overwhelmed.

Wilbur felt better from technos visit so he could take at least one more person. He requested someone else and the doctor left.

Wilbur laid again in silence for someone else to come in.