Chapter 23: safe place

Sapnap moved over to the closet, wilbur following. He opened it and showed him a door that was easily crawled through.

Wilbur got on his knees and crawled through the little discreet door. Sapnap blushed and cleared his throat. "So, it leads to another small room, and when your crawl in move the hanging clothes to cover the door, then shut the door and you can stay in there as long as you need" he smiled.

Wilbur looked around the room. "How long has this been here..?" He ask. "It was a blocked off room since we already had the guest room, used to be my baby room" sapnap hummed.

Wilbur looked around. The walls were light blue, there was a comfy beanbag and a carpet. Plenty of blankets on the ground as well. A window beside the beanbag.

It needed some decorations but it made him feel safer. No one knew about the room that didn't live here or that he didn't know.

"I like it.." wilbur said crawling back out. Sapnap smiled and shut the closet. "That's good" wilbur sat back on his bed and yawned. He'd been really tired.

Sapnap kissed his shoulder. "Do you wanna take a bath and get in comfy clothes baby?" He ask. Wilbur very much so wanted a shower. But not in that bathroom.

Wilbur opened his dresser and grabbed boxers, a large t-shirt and shorts. Sapnap smiled at him. Wilbur left to a bathroom and shut the door. Sapnap got to work at making everything comfortable for when he came back.

Wilbur got his shower, and it felt amazing. He was finally getting a shower after technically 4 days.
He washed himself good and scrubbed his hair.

He let the warm water run over him. He closed his eyes and sighed softly.
He got out and dried off. After, he put on the comfy clothes and dried his hair.

He put on his socks and glanced at the side of the bathtub. He didn't like looking at it. He rubbed his arm and went back to his room.

He sat back on the bed and looked around. The blankets were pulled out for him to get under, and they were really really soft against his bare skin.

He picked up the blob plush and held it close. It did bring him comfort, but it wasn't the same as actual blob dream. He leaned back and looked at the ceiling. The fairy lights were dim but really pretty.

Sapnap came back in and shut the door. He walked over to the shelf with the pull out bins inside it. He pulled out one and sat it on the bed sitting beside wilbur.

Wilbur sat up and looked at the small box like holder in curiosity. Sapnap hummed and pulled out a small pink blanket. It was the one he'd gotten at the mall a while back.

He smiled as sapnap handed it to him. He closed his eyes and laid his head on it. He felt his head becoming fuzzy, but this time, for the first time ever, he didn't fight it.

He actually let himself slip without overthinking it, or feeling nervous about it. He felt so safe right now.
He couldn't help it.

He opened his eyes and moved closer to sapnap, laying his head on his shoulder. Sapnap noticed his soft eyes, and the look on his face. He knew wilbur had slipped into his safe space, and sapnap was happy.

wilbur was happy right now. It made him happy. "I have some things you might like in this box if you want to see" wilbur nodded, putting his thumb in his mouth involuntarily.

Sapnap smiled softly. "Well first, let's get you something else so you don't get germs in your mouth"