Chapter 96: relax

//today is my birthday and it's 8 am
😩//

Wilbur sat on his bed watching tv with charlie. Sapnap was talking to eret in his room, not to bother the other two watching tv.

Wilbur felt tired but he was having a lot of fun with Charlie. He leaned back and looked at the tv. Charlie hummed to himself with his knees at his chest.

Wilbur reached over and turned off his light. Charlie looked up and tensed up. He cleared his throat and shifted. "Eret.?"

Here's this, charlie was absolutely terrified of the dark, and there was a good reason for that. Back when Charlie and eret we're almost 16, eret saved Charli from being trapped in a dark underground jail sort of place, even though charlie was a slime, being there for so long made him unable to think right and he couldn't squeeze himself out.

So when eret found him, he was timid and pretty much deemed as crazy, but eret saw more to him. So he helped him gain strength, and helped him learn. Day by day charlie was slowly getting better, it took him two years to become more.. human like.?

Even now he still messed up some on English, but it was normal. Now, every time it went dark, he'd say erets name, to reassure or make sure he was there, that he wasn't alone again.

Even after 5 years charlie couldn't be away from eret too long and especially not in the dark. So when he didn't get an answer just now from eret, when he didn't hear their deep monotone yet soft voice, he started to panic.

Eret wasn't there and it was dark.
Even though the tv was on it only lit up some of the room and it was dark everywhere else. And eret didn't answer him meaning he wasn't there.

Charlie began to feel terrified, that he was back in the dark, alone once again and eret was gone. He always got a response from eret when it was dark, he didn't this time.

He teared up and looked around as if he were blind. "Eret please-" wilbur opened his eyes and he looked over at Charlie. "Charlie?" He ask sitting up.

Charlie jumped. "W-wilbur? Oh thank goodness your here wh-wheres eret?' he whimpered. Wilbur took the blankets off himself. "I'm sure he's in the other room with sapnap- I can go get him-"

Charlie nodded immediately. Wilbur got up and opened the door calling out for eret. Luckily sapnaps door was slightly opened and she could faintly hear wilbur.

Eret got up and went into the hall. "Wilbur?" "Charlie needs you" he said rubbing his arm. Eret quickly moved down the hall and went in the room, noticing the dark and how charlie was curled up and shaking.

They turned on the light and sat in front of him. "Hey.. I'm right here.." Charlie looked at them and immediately hugged them tightly. "Oh thank goodness- i-i thought you were gone-" eret rubbed his back. "Of course I'm not gone.. I'd never leave you.."

Charlie nodded and hugged her tightly. He didn't want to let go afraid she'd be gone if he did. Eret rubbed his back and sighed softly. "It's getting late.. we should go to sleep darling..'

Charlie nodded and looked at him. "yeah.. um.. where are we sleeping.?'
"Sapnap offered his bed, he said he'd sleep with wilbur" wilbur hummed. "he usually does" eret nodded. "Alright.. c'mon.." they took Charlies hand and the two left the room, Charlie waving a goodnight to wilbur.

Wilbur felt bad, he didn't know Charlie would freak out like that.
He sat on his bed and sighed softly rubbing his eyes. Sapnap came in shutting the door behind him.

"Hi honey.." he yawned sitting beside him. "Hi.." he laid back down and curled into the soft fuzzy blanket.
Sapnap chuckled and turned off the light wrapping his arms around wilbur.

Wilbur relaxed into the touch and closed his eyes once again.