Chapter 42: little space isn't helping

Karl teared up. "Karl.. did you kiss wilbur?" Karl gripped his shirt. "I-im so sorry i-i didn't mean to- i-i mean I did but it was- i-in the moment I wasn't thinking- I'm so sorry" he cried covering his face.

Wilbur frowned and shifted. Sapnap sighed. "Why.. why did you kiss him..?'
Karl hiccuped. "M-maybe it's because I've been lonely from my breakup or that I'm- i-im pregnant but it's not an excuse-"

"While I agree you shouldn't have kissed him without my permission.. or dreams or george's.. I know your going through a tough time.."
Wilbur sighed in releif. Karl sniffled. "I-i just- I shouldn't have done it- a-and just so you know wilbur didn't kiss back.. a-and we talked about it after.."

Sapnap nodded. "It's.. honestly it doesn't upset me.. it's just.. you definitely shouldn't have done it without asking.."

Karl nodded. "I-i know and i-'" "you don't have to keep apologizing.. just calm down and wait for the muffins.. I'm gonna go check on Wilbur" Karl nodded and looked at his hands.

Wilbur quickly moved back to the room and sat on the bed fidgeting with his hands. Sapnap came in and looked at him. "Hi honey, are you feeling better?"

Wilbur nodded. "Yeah.. uh.. my stomach feels better.." he mumbled. Sapnap nodded and sat beside him rubbing his back. "That's good.. Karl said you were in little space a long time.. did something happen.?'

Wilbur shifted. "No.." "wilbur.. don't lie.." wilbur sighed softly. "I got stressed last night I guess.. I had a.. dream.. and uh.. it really just stressed me out after some things happened with Karl so.."

Sapnap nodded. "Was It a nightmare.?' wilbur blushed and shook his head. "No.. it.. it wasn't..'
Sapnap rubbed his back. "Can you tell me what it was about..?"

Wilbur shifted. "Me and you.. uh.. I was really happy.. and when I woke up it just made me feel.. upset.."

Sapnap rubbed his side. "I'm sorry baby.. when you go to the doctor for your next check up talk to them about this.." wilbur nodded. "And I'm sure your therapist can help out too"

Wilbur looked at his hands. "Yeah.."
Karl sat in the kitchen. He leaned back against the cabinet and looked at his stomach. He teared up. He wasn't exactly upset he was pregnant.. he was upset the father of his child just left him..

Sure he didn't tell him... He didn't even know before a few days ago.. but it hurt.. he was alone. Alone without someone in a relationship to help him with the baby and his overall pregnancy.. he had wilbur but wilbur had the other three..

He got off the counter and went to the living room sitting on the couch. He laid down and hugged a pillow.
Of course he would have mood swings right now. He cried into the pillow.

He hated to admit this to himself but he did love wilbur, and sapnap was a great guy too, but they were already in love. He was going to be a single parent with his baby..

Sapnap giggled and kissed wilburs head. "We made muffins if you wanna come eat one" wilbur hummed. "I might have a little.. definitely not too much.." he stood up and sapnap followed him out of the room.

Wilbur looked in the living room and saw Karl curled up hugged a pillow and his stomach crying. Wilbur immediately got worried something happened with his pregnancy or maybe he was feeling upset about it.

Wilbur quickly moved to Karl and sat at the couch on his knees. "Hey Karl what's wrong?" He ask. Karl shook his head and hid his face further into the pillow.

Sapnap sat beside him and sighed softly. "Are you sad about what we talked about earlier..?' Karl hiccuped "n-no- i-i-" he looked up. "I-im pregnant, i-im going to be a single parent and i-' i-i don't know how I'm going to do that" he sobbed.

Sapnap frowned. "But you won't be alone.. me and wilbur can be here for you.." wilbur nodded. "Y-you don't understand, i-its not the same"

Wilbur frowned softly. "You want someone to.. love you.. romantically.." Karl sniffled and nodded. "I-i miss the kisses.. the love.. the affection.. I felt safe in his arms.. b-but he's gone.. h-he left" he cried.

Wilbur sat him up and sat beside him holding him close. Karl laid his head into his chest and sniffled. Sapnap sat beside him and rubbed his back. "We'll be here.." Karl cried harder. Sapnap shifted. Karl wanted a relationship.. he knew he shouldn't but he did.. it had only been almost 3 weeks since they broke up but he just..

He was pregnant.. that's why he wanted it so bad.. that's what he told himself anyways.. he appreciated the hugs.. but they just made him feel more like he wanted it..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The three laid on the couch together. Wilburs stomach felt better and he'd been comforting Karl. Sapnap got up and left the room to make drinks.

Karl looked up at wilbur. Wilbur looked at him and gave him a sympathetic smile. Wilbur looked up at him and resting his chin on his chest.

Karl ran his fingers through his hair. "Thank you wilbur.." wilbur smiled and closed his eyes going silent then opened them again. "Kissy?"

Karls face paled.