Chapter 26: doors

Wilburs face went red. He crawled off of sapnap immediately and cleared his throat shaking his head no quickly. He forgot they would probably be their soon.

He got lost in.. whatever just happened. Sapnap giggled and shrugged. "Kinda yeah, but you can come in" dream rolled his eyes playfully and walked in shutting the door after george came in.

Wilbur was beyond embarassed right now. He kept his hands covering his face. Dream looked at him and got worried. "Hey- sorry we didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything-"

Wilbur slowly uncovered his face and glanced at the closet. "It's- it's fine" he smiled slightly. Dream rubbed his back. He felt bad now. Maybe they shouldn't have said anything.

Wilbur was definitely still embarassed. He just sat there and fidgeted with his hands. Sapnap stood up and looked at them. "What do you guys wanna do today?' he ask.

Wilbur shrugged and started playing with the end of his skirt. George sat beside wilbur. "Well, did we want to stay in or go out" wilbur didn't think he'd be able to walk around too much like they used to.

"Uh.. probably just stay in" wilbur said. Sapnap nodded. "Alright.." wilbur saw the slight concern on their faces and shifted. "Just- just because I don't wanna like.. hurt my stomach.. walking too much might.." he mumbled.

He didn't want them to think he was feeling down and he wanted to stay in. Dream nodded. "Ah, ok' he smiled and pat his head. Wilbur stretched and looked around the room. "By the way.. I really like my room.."

George grinned. "I'm glad, I made the fairy lights" wilbur smiled. "They're really pretty.." Dream chuckled. "Do you like the plush I made?" Wilbur nodded. "Yeah, it's really cute.. though I prefer you"

Dream chuckled. "Yeah, I just thought when I wasn't here that would be.. convenient to have" wilbur nodded. "It is, thank you.." dream nodded. "Of course.."

Wilbur sat awkwardly as the silence rolled in. He hated silence. He dreaded it. He pulled his knees to his chest and looked at them. He didn't look at anyone.

Sapnap pulled him close and rubbed his back. "are you ok?" He ask softly. Wilbur jumped and nodded. Sapnap shifted and grabbed the remote. "Let's watch something, do you want to?'

It was better than silence. He nodded and scooted back with his knees still at his chest. Dream scooted beside him and sapnap sat beside him as well. George laid back in sapnaps lap.

Dream held wilburs hand and rubbed it gently. Wilbur relaxed and leaned on dream. Sapnap turned on a movie and they all relaxed, for the first time in forever all together in the same room.

Wilbur rested into dreams arms and played with dreams fingers. They were long and skinny and his hand had some freckles. Wilbur thought he'd look nice with painted nails.

He didn't realize he'd been so fixated on dreams hand instead of the tv.
Sapnap chuckled. "Is dreams hand more interesting than the movie?' he ask. Wilbur looked up and blinked. "oh- no, I was just zoning out"

Sapnap smiled. "I'm just joking" he kissed his head. Wilbur smiled slightly and leaned back against dreams chest. He looked back at the tv and relaxed again.

An hour passed and the movie had about 30 minutes left of it. Wilbur suddenly felt a bit on edge. Like something was going to happen. He knew it was just his anxiety, but even knowing that, he didn't like it.

He didn't like this feeling of being worried and distraught. He felt his heart speed up. Hopefully something wouldn't happen to make him upset.

He kept it to himself and began fidgeting with dreams hand. The noises from the tv seemed to be getting louder. He bit his lip and heard a door slam.

And that's all it took to set him off.