Chapter 91: he's gone

Karl had gone into labor. They were just sitting in the living room and Karl was in the kitchen getting drinks or something. Everyone stared at him when he dropped a glass and his legs were wet.

They immediately got in the car and drove to the hospital. Karl was laying in the hospital bed sweating and panting. Wilbur and sapnap both squeezed his hands as the doctor instructed him to push.

Karl cried and tried his hardest. "I-i can't! I can't it hurts!" He sobbed. Wilbur squeezed his hand. "You can Karl, just a few more pushes your doing so good" dream said standing beside him.

Karl threw his head back and sobbed as he gave one finale push. Crying could be heard from the new born.
"It's a boy!" One of the doctors said.
Wilbur gently pet Karls hair. "You did so good.."

Karl cried and panted. The baby was getting his embelical cord cut and Karl looked over at wilbur. "I'm dizzy" he whimpered. Wilbur pet his hair.
"Your ok.. just breathe..'

Karl laid his head back as he was handed his baby. The five sat with the new born as Karl calmed down.
But his heart rate was dropping.

One of the doctors checked him. "He's bleeding!" They called. Wilburs heart dropped. "Internal bleeding, preparing for emergency surgery" one said.

"What!?" Sapnap said as he was being pushed out the room, along with dream and george. Karls eyes were drooping and became dull. "Wilbur.." he said in an almost whisper, weak voice.

"I-i- love you guys.." he mumbled before his head fell over. Wilbur was pushed out. Sobbing. All of them waited outside scared shitless and worried.

Wilbur was sobbing, sapnap trying to hold himself together, dream trying not to cry and george covering his face. A while passed and a doctor came out. "H-how is he?" Sapnap ask rushing over.

A nurse came out with a very sad face. She teared up. "I'm so sorry.." wilburs face whitened. Sapnap ran over to the room and started sobbing falling on his knees.

Wilbur covered his mouth and leaned against the wall sobbing. He slid down it and had his knees to his chest. Dream and george hugged each other sobbing.

They lost Karl. How? How was it so fast? One minute they were watching movies together and the next he was gone. Karl was dead. Why??

Wilbur gripped his hair and sobbed.
He was gone, they'd never see him again.

____________

Wilbur shot up gasping for air. The gasp sounded like a scream. He gripped his chest. He had been crying in his sleep. Was it a nightmare?
Was it? Was Karl dead? Did they really loose him?

He looked around the room and gripped his chest tighter. He couldn't breathe. He sobbed and got up hyperventilating once he managed to get a breath.

Sapnap woke up and sat up immediately, looking at wilbur.
"Oh my God baby what's wrong!?" He ask, seeing the glowing tears and the fact he was hyperventilating.

Wilbur sobbed harder, almost letting out screams. This was by far the worst panic attack he'd ever had. Sapnap got up and stood beside him. "Hey hey breathe baby please" sapnap was terrified.

Wilbur fell on his knees and grabbed their trashcan and throwing up.
Sapnap was mortified by this scene.
He'd never seen wilbur like this but maybe one time or twice.

He sat beside him and rubbed his back. "K-ka-arl-" he choked out.
"Karl? Honey what happened?"
"I-is k-ka-rl o-ok?' he ask coughing.

''im sure he's fine love what-" wilbur went back to sobbing. Sapnap grabbed his phone. "Do you want me to call him?" He ask frantic.

Wilbur wanted to make sure he was definitely not dead. He nodded and hiccuped. Sapnap called Karl. He got a tired groan from the other side and a small 'hello..?'

"Karl wilburs having like- a really really bad panic attack I think it's about you- please can you come here? It's really bad"

"What? O-ok I'll be right there" he said. Sapnap hung up and rubbed wilburs back trying to ease this attack. It did no help really.

"Baby Karls ok if your worried about that he's coming here" wilbur could hardly process what he was saying.
He knew it was probably a dream but his mind couldn't comprehend that right now.

Five minutes later wilburs hyperventilating calmed down but he was still sobbing and rocking himself. He wouldn't let sapnap touch him anymore. If sapnap tried to rub his back or something it just made it worse.

Wilbur sat beside his bed with his knees at his chest rocking himself.
Sapnap left him momentarily to unlock the front door for Karl.

Wilbur did tend to have worse and more nightmares than other people..
Karl came in and frowned. Seeing wilbur like this had made sapnap tear up even.

Karl sat in front of him. "Will.." wilbur heard Karls voice making him look up. Karl was in his panamas and his hair was messy.

Wilbur began to sob again. "Hey hey I'm right here.. what's wrong?" Karl ask sitting crossed gently putting a hand on his knee. "Y-your r-really h-here? N-not dreaming o-or something?"

Sapnaps heart broke. He hated when wilbur didn't know what reality was.
"I promise.. hold my hand.." wilburs shaking hand took Karls and he held it hiccuping.

"See.? I'm right here.. what got you so worked up..?" Karl ask. Wilbur moved closer and hugged onto him. Karl pet his hair and rocked him gently.
"C-cant-" he teared up again.

"Ok you don't have to say anything right now.. just relax.." he said softlty.
He continued to rock him and play with his hair, kissing the side of his head every now and then.

Wilbur felt drained. Tired. Extremely sad. He looked up at Karl and frowned. "Hey.. how about we get back in bed ok..?" Karl said softly.
Wilbur nodded slowly.

Karl got up and helped him into the bed. Wilbur wouldn't let him go. Karl crawled in beside him and held him close. Sapnap laid beside Karl. They'd talk about it in the morning when wilbur felt better mentally.