Chapter 20: too late

The day went by fast. Wilbur slept most of the day and at night, they tried to get him to eat solid food, but he got sick every time he tried.

They stuck to the liquids and tomorrow he'd try and walk.
For now he needed rest and to mentally prepare for tomorrow and the next few days.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wilbur was woken up to start his tests. He was slowly sat up. The pain in his head and stomach was better. He didn't feel as sick and his head didn't hurt at all anymore.

He was slowly stood up. His legs felt like jello and they were super wobbily. He fell back onto the bed immediately. They decided he needed leg work.

He had a bicycle type exercising tool that he had to move his feet on to gain strength in his legs. He had to do this for 15 minutes every hour.

It was tiring and made him feel sick, but he had to. He had to try and get better in anyway he could. He wanted someone with him now. He didn't feel overwhelmed anymore, he just wanted to hold onto someone.

He ask the doctor if he could call someone, specifically his boyfriend's.
He ask their numbers and called them. Wilbur looked at the ceiling and curled up. He was starting to feel bad again.

The nurse noticed how his moods changed often. She set up some things for the doctor to look at. About 10 minutes passed and dream, George and sapnap came in.

All very hesitant being careful not to overwhelm wilbur. Wilbur shifted and looked at them. His head felt fuzzy for the first time in.. well, forever.

Maybe it was the fact that dream had his bunny with long fluffy ears he got at the mall all that time ago. He hadn't seen it in so long. Wilbur looked at his hands to avoid looking at it.

Dream sat beside him on the bed and smiled. "Hey will, I'm not too close am I?" He ask. Wilbur shook his head. "I-i wanted you guys here.. so.. I'm ok.."

Sapnap sat beside him and george sat in front of him after he confirmed he was ok with so many people close.

Dream gently sat the toy in his lap. Wilburs breath hitched. He looked at dream and bit his lip. How was he supposed to keep from slipping like this?

His mind had to deal with all this stress for so long and his mentally couldn't switch to his safe space in his mind because of so many breakdowns.

Some people could, but wilbur was different. Right now he looked at the bunny. He wanted so bad to hold onto it and get rid of how horrible he felt. But not here, how could he embarass himself like that?

Dream saw the fighting in his mind.
He gently laid his head on his shoulder and pet his hair. "Go ahead will.. you need to let go all of this stress.. we're right here.."

Sapnap cupped his cheeks. "were here honey.." george nodded at him giving a smile. Wilbur teared up ready to feel happy again for a while. He could finally be at peace the best way he knew.

He closed his eyes and hugged dreams arm. He was out of it for a bit then he opened his eyes and sniffled. Dream frowned softly and kissed his head. "Hey baby.." he cooed softly.

Wilbur hiccuped and was immediately engulfed in a hug by dream. He sobbed and wiped his eyes like a child. "I-im sorry" he cried, his voice more soft and higher pitched.

Sapnap kissed his head and rubbed his back. "Your ok honey.. we're right here.." ''i-i wasn't in c-control i-im so-sorry" he choked out.

Dream hugged him tighter, not too tight, and kissed his ear. "Just breathe ok baby..? Calm down.." wilbur cried and held onto dream tightly. His state of mind was overwhelmed with what he'd done when it wasn't in control.

Sapnap held the bunny and sat it against wilburs chest. He hiccuped and picked it up snuggling into it.
His sobbing stopped but the few tears continued to rub down his cheeks every few seconds.

Dream kissed his head. "You did so good.. your ok will.." wilbur needed to hear this a long time ago. He needed this comfort a long time ago. But it was too late now.