C H A P T E R 22

Now afternoon, it's not even been four hours and Iam already fucking exhausted

I miss Rozella utterly.

After looking at tomorrow's event and her sprained ankle, I decided to let her rest.

She insisted saying that, she wants to come because the work load will be alot on me if she didn't.

I love her selflessness.

But I made her stay at home, threatening to fire her.....that always gets her. I don't know why she still believes that I'll fire her someday? She is the best assistant anyone can ask for....and the chance to see her everyday. How can I miss that?

She only accepted the deal after asking me if she could work from home. I agreed knowing she would be bored either way.

A knock echoed through my office.
"In!"

"Sir, here are the documents you asked for." Mars came in.

I took the papers from his hand without looking at his face. I don't want to ruin my noon, more than it already is.

But, the fucker decided to break me out of my trance.

"Hey, have you seen Ella around here? I didn't see her today."

My eyes snapped to his face to see him looking at me, actually expecting an answer.

My jaw ticked and I clenched my fists. Why the fuck is Rozella still talking to this Idiot?

I looked down and took a deep breath and calmed my anger.

Think of Rozella's hand on your hand.

I calmed down instantly and looked up at him again.

"She didn't come today, why, you need her?

"Nah, was just checking in."

I didn't say anything and continued looking at the documents flipping through the pages.

Not even a minute later, the fucker spoke once again like the annoying mosquito.

"So...Why is she not here?"

I didn't look at him, "She just didn't wanna come today." I said completely bored by talking to this fucker.

I'd rather be talking to my Zella.

"Or.....maybe she is with her husband."

My eyes snapped as fast as they could to look at him. He looked confused at my state and said.

"You're confused too right? Don't worry I was too, I mean, obviously she is going to be taken, no man would leave that.."

He talked about her as if she was an object and not a woman.