C H A P T E R 41

5 months later:

5 months later:

"Kezr, Iam scared" I said sounding absolutely terrified.

"Rozella, this is the 100th time I am hearing you say that shit, open it or I'll tear it apart" Kezr said slamming his coffee cup on the kitchen counter causing the coffee to spill out.

"You're cleaning that" I rolled my eyes and looked back at the envelope in my hand.

"What if it's far from your house?" I asked him with my eyes widen.

He came beside me and grabbed me by my waist pushing my back into his broad chest. He placed his chin on my shoulder and whispered seductively, "Well, if it's far from OUR house-"

I shrugged him away not liking him being a horny Kezr when I am this terrified.

"Not the time to be horny, I am so close to pissing myself and you're here joking?" He chuckled and spinned me around so we were face to face.

"Just care about you getting into a college, not about our distance. We'll manage. We always do."

I smiled at him and nodded while taking a deep breath.

I looked down at the envelope in my hand and Kezr squeezed my hand in a firm grip, telling me he's there. And he'll stay.

With shaky hands, I carefully opened the envelope taking my time.

I heard Kezr tsk and he snatched the envelope from my hands, tearing it open.

He gave it back to me and I just looked at him, too nervous to care about what he did.

I opened the envelope and even Kezr looked eager.

Accepted to University of Alaska.

Bewildered. That's what I was.

"I-I got a-accepted...?" I dropped down on the floor hidding my face in my palm.

I felt Kezr's hand on my arm and he pulled me towards him and I cried while clutching his shirt tightly.

"You did it, you did it babe. I am so proud of you. So proud" Kezr whispered to me while he caressed my forehead.

I felt relief to hear those words from him but I didn't care, all I was sad about was that we'd be away.

"That's not the issue." He sighed and leaned back so he could look at me.

"Zelli, we talked about this." I nodded and wiped my tears from the back of my hand.

"I know! But it's just.... I don't want to cause any problems in our marriage."

Suddenly, he puckered my lips and my eyes widened. He narrowed his eyes and got closer to my face. We were probably a micrometer apart.