C H A P T E R 26

"I repeated my question three fucking times, and you ignored me

"I repeated my question three fucking times, and you ignored me. If Iam that boring that you doze off while Iam speaking, then don't fucking pretend to listen when you're clearly not!!" I yelled making her flinch.

Before she could say anything, I left the kitchen and went to my room, I don't even know how I got to my room, anger was engulfing me.

I was angry at her, angry at myself.

I made her flinch, fucking flinch.

The one person who should make her feel safe, made her fucking flinch.

I wanted to punch something.

I was angry at her. Does she not like me?

Why would she treat me like that?

She was smiling, thinking about someone, in my presence!

I was about to hit the mirror in my room when I heard rapid footsteps approaching my door.

Rozella.

She knocked, I just took a deep breath to not yell at her in anger and make her feel more unsafe then usual.

She knocked again, my fists were clenching and unclenching, I wanted to punch the mirror so fucking badly. I balled my hands into fists and went to punch it, when her soft voice stopped me and my hand was stopped, raised in the air.

I heard her practically breaking down, she was sobbing badly, she sounded really weak and pleaded.

Broken because of me.

I didn't think twice and rushed to open the door. She had her head leaning against the door and when I opened it her little body fell directly into my arms.

She looked up and I looked at her puffy, red eyes, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

I made her cry.

She quickly got away from my hands and distanced herself as if I was molting lava and I'd burnt her.

"Iam sorry, I am sorry, I didn't mean for you to get mad at me, Iam sorry, I-I was listening to you, Iam not bored of you... Never...s-sorry, but please don't yell at me or be mad. I don't want you to ye-" I cut her off not wanting her to plead with me and think it's her fault when it's clearly my fault.

No one would be interested in a guy who yelled at them.

"Zella, darling, gorgeous, calm down. Calm. down." I said politely, not realizing the endearments I used for her.

"but-" she hiccuped cuting herself off.

"No buts" I grabbed her hands and pulled her towards me not liking the distance one bit.

She visibly relaxed in my arms and sighed a sigh of relief.

We were standing there for a while just enjoying each other's fragrances.