CHAPTER -1-

HAPPY READING🥰

Cindy Washington

Five years later

Five years has pass and I have been very busy. I was actively working around the clock to achieve what I have today. Two years ago I was offered a position and I did two scouting reports for my boss and she promoted me on the spot. I'm now an assistant editor and columnist at kindle press editing and magazine establishment. After my first column, I had two offers for a columnist position. One in Washington and the other in Paris. My boss offered me a raise after those offers and I stayed because the money is good and I'm comfortable here. But, I'm aware there is scope for promotion to the position of chief editor. I am qualified to function in that capacity hence I will indicate my interest at the earliest opportunity. I'm interested in that position since it will boost my ultimate goal which is to own my own establishment.

Trust me, it's hard work "A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work." I take a deep breath and exhale, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Doing the best at the moment puts me in the best place for the next moment." Look at me, sitting in this airplane thinking aloud.

The passenger next to me is an attractive, unline, delicate face woman with a small nose and brown eyes, she has light brown hair and heart-shaped lips. she turns to me and said "that right there is my motto from today, please say it again. You made me believe every word," I laugh a little "I'm Cindy". I extend my hand to her, we shake hands and she introduces herself as Zoriah. She places her headphones in her ears and leans her head back on her seat leaving me with my thoughts.

I had a five-year lease on my apartment and it will be up next month. I'm looking to rent a condominium, then I will get a roommate so we can split the expenses. I intend to save as much money as I can for the business idea I have in mind.

In my divorce settlement, Sean offered me some money. I've never touched it. I want to give that money back to Steph for college tuition and other expense, so he doesn't have to take out any loans or work during his studies. I know Sean can pay in full but I would like to contribute to his education. My other idea is to help pay for Steph school from my earnings and give him the money I got from his father to start his own business in the future. Unless he wants to follow in his father's footsteps to be an architect. After college which is a while off, I will talk with him and see what he decides and we can move on from there.

Today is Steph twelfth birthday. I'm flying to New York to be with him and to personally deliver his gifts. Sean and Anna are celebrating in style this year because he wants a celebrity party with his siblings and friends. He's growing up so gracefully and I'm thankful. Last year we spent his birthday together but this year he will be with Sean. I've always made it a priority to be there at every birthday, class graduation, or award presentation. He's such a smart kid and I'm so proud of him.

No matter what I had to get done or how busy I was, I planned my schedule around him. he's part of my soul and I could never walk away from him.

Sean cut me off completely, for about three months I couldn't get on to him to talk to Steph. So, I flew back home. I had to make things right between us because, in the end, Steph would pay the price.

At first, Sean refused to see me. I reached out to Anna who first scolded me, which I deserved. I didn't fight back, I listened to what she had to say. There is no denying it, I was wrong. Things were awkward and embarrassing at the beginning. Anna kept a close eye on Sean once I was around but slowly she began to loosen up when she saw I wasn't a threat to her or her marriage. Anna didn't want to restrict Steph's opportunity of knowing and being with his mother. I will forever be forever grateful for that.