CHAPTER -26-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I sit across from DeMarcus staring him down waiting for the answer to my question. The more I press him the more he refuses to answer and change the topic. We had breakfast then showered separately, he had another bag brought up for me after breakfast was removed.

"Can we talk about something else?"

"You know my entire history, why can't I know yours?"

"It's not that you can't know it's that I haven't had a relationship perse. Just know I've never brought a woman to this room, my bedroom."

"What does that mean, is it because I'm not your woman you can't tell me."

He raises to his knee and claps my leg "say that again and see" he said firmly with his jaw tightening and his eyes glares at me. It's true though he hasn't asked me for a relationship or any form of commitment but he's sending daggers at me. I shake my head looking at him as his mood did a really fast 180 flip on me.

What is that about now?

"I have some work to get done in my study. When you're finished with your report, I'm taking you to lunch."

"So we're not going to talk about this."

He gets off the bed and walks away leaving me stupid as to what I said wrong.

I try not to read too much into it and get back to the report I was trying to complete before I brought up the conversation again. He doesn't have to tell me everything this weekend but I think it is something we should talk about because we didn't use protection. However, I did ask during our foreplay and he said he was clean and do regular checks up. I don't want to mistrust him but why the secret.

I take a deep breath and continue my report making the necessary changes. A few of the novel picks for the month names weren't speaking to me and I decided to go through them one by one this approaching week to see how to make a name change or maybe the authors have other options in mind. I made ticks to the ones I particularly want to go over first and circle the ones that would do well with a rename.

With each editor pick of the month I go over monthly, I make sure I go through them thoroughly to makes sure it's a good fit for our readers and it will make maximum profit for the company and the author who put in all the hard work.

I take a few more minutes to go over the report again making sure I cover all my bases and it is what I want to present to my boss. I put away everything and decide to call Steph.

He answers on the first ring, "good afternoon mom."

"Hey, son what are you up to?"

"I am playing hide and seek with Summer and Sienna."

I chuckle "so who's hiding."

"They are. currently, I'm looking for both of them."

"Wouldn't they hear you coming with the talking?"

"Mom, it's so easy to find them, they have the same hiding spot every time."

"Every time," I laugh.

"They do, I just give them a few minutes then search a few other places close to them first then I get them." We both laugh. I'm so happy he has siblings he can be around and not like me being an only child. It wasn't all bad being an only child but it was very lonely. No one to play dollhouse or hide and seek with. Mom and dad were always there though.

"Got you and you." I heard into the phone. I laugh as if I'm there witnessing the entire scene.

"Stet, stet," I heard their little voices scream and I can't help the laugh that escapes and the smile on my face.