CHAPTER -22-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

The week rides on smoothly and today it's Friday, all I want is a long bath and my bed. I hadn't much rest this week because the company had a huge farewell for Mr Boice's official departure and I had the task of planning it. Also with the new releases, this upcoming week's work has become extremely busy. Now that it's the weekend my bed is calling. This weekend marks the second week in December, I wanted to get my Christmas shopping done and out of the way but with the way my bones ache and my body begging to be put to bed it's a no go. I will take this weekend to get some rest and make up for all I lost this week.

Last weekend DeMarcus and I were to have our date. I was really looking forward to having that time for us to talk but he had to cancel last minute and with my busy schedule this week I couldn't make time to reschedule with him. I was disappointed but I wasn't hurt because I know how the world of work, works now and I couldn't punish him for it.

He even sends flowers to me on Sunday along with a beautiful note with his apologies for pulling out last minute. That made me smile even more at the effort and made me feel good that our date meant something to him as it did for me. During the week we only had a few teasing text messages but other than that I hadn't seen him since we met up in New York.

With so much happening at work, I hadn't had much time to do much cleaning and my room is screaming at me to tidy up a little even though I'm not really a messy person. Just a few clothes out of order and my laundry needs to get done. Thankfully I'm here in my office working this late hour so I don't have to take any work home this weekend.

As I'm here working on my laptop, I notice the office went silent. I look up to see DeMarcus talking with my secretary. What is he doing here?

I sit back and watch as he talks with Allison my secretary. She blushes while explaining whatsoever she is saying timidity. I gaze at the structure of his face and the smooth smile he sport. His tight muscles and lean body fits perfectly in his expensive suit. As I sit here mesmerised by him, my phone rings and I told her to let him in.

Very casually he walks into my office with a lazy stride he pulls off so effortlessly. He unbuttons the two buttons on his suit jacket and takes his seat opposite me.

"What do I own this pleasure," I smile up at him. Even sitting down he is taller than me. He hands me the bouquet of roses in his hand "for you miss Washington"

"You're too kind sir, thank you." I take the roses smell them and place them on my desk.

"How was your week?" he asks.

"It was quite pleasant and busy. How was yours?" I ask.

"My humblest apology, I stood you up. the emergency was beyond me but I'm here to make it up to you. And I need your undivided attention all this weekend."

"Mrs Granger, it sounds very tempting but I'm too tired to go out. I wouldn't be good company."

"I didn't say anything about going out. I can see you're tired and you need much more than rest." He winks at me.

Trust me I really do, I need much more than rest but I ain't one to beg for it.

"What do you know about what I need sir."

"Trust me I know a lot. I'm not taking no for an answer."

"I'm not even through with work though."

"Do you hear me, woman? I need you this weekend and if it means I have to sit here and wait a few minutes. I'm willing to wait on you."

"Excuse you sir you ain't the boss of me."

"That smart mouth will get you in trouble. Get back to work so we can get out of here quickly. Or I will bend you over my lap and spank you so hard it will be both in pleasure and pain.