CHAPTER -33-

HAPPY READING 🥰

DeMarcus Granger

The fuck, it was nice knowing me. The more I think about it the angrier I come to be.

"Are you this immature Cindy?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've fallen in love with you and I didn't think earlier..... and I don't know, well I do know but.... I....De" The look I have on my face stop her from completing whatever she is rambling on about.

"Cindy, I keep my work life very separate from my personal life. I haven't gone public with our relationship even though there are a few rumours about our pictures at a few functions circulating the internet."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Do you know?"

"I do know, I overreacted."

"How many times do I have to tell you to talk to me and don't assume anything? We talked about this."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry De."

"Tell me what you know and you're  sorry for."

"DeMarcus is just that I got jealous and I didn't think, I let it get to me."

"No, you only act."

"That's not fair,"

"They say show a woman how you feel. Action speaks louder they say. yet when you do, they don't believe a damn thing you show them."

"De"

"Did you eat?" I asks, I was done with this conversation. I don't want to say the wrong thing to her in the heat of the moment.

"No," she says quietly.

I shake my head, "I will let something be sent up for you" I say walking out the room. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to deal with her. I don't even know how to deal with her.

I've waited so long to hear her say those words and now she says them, I can't take her in my arms and show her just how much I waited to hear those words out of her mouth. This woman infuriates, excites, amuse and arouses me all at the same time.

I walk into my office, I call Burke as soon as I sit at my desk to take some food for her. I rub my face, getting annoyed with her.

Cindy is a confident woman, at least she use to be. she always had me so nervous around her when we were younger. If a girl so much as looked at me back then she was up in their faces letting them know I was hers. I love how she claimed me, I was a wonk back then. I chuckle at the memory. I know she has changed and now that she is a woman there is so much I need to learn about her. We are both getting to know each other again, the mature grown individuals we are now. I like the way things have been developing between us. She's constantly on my mind and I like it that way. There is so much I want to show her and places I want to take her. To show her all I promise because my word is my bond.

I saw how she looked at Mrs Roger earlier today and whatever she had in mind, I wanted to kiss her until there isn't another thought like that ever again in her pretty little head. I want to kiss her until I replace every ounce of it. But I had to get Mrs Roger on board with a new venture I am looking to invest in. I couldn't be all kisses and play with her, it was business and it is definitely not easy being a business tycoon. Mrs Roger is a married woman and we have nothing between us, Absolutely nothing. Married women aren't my scene. That's why I didn't go after Cindy's marriage. I waited until she came to me.

From the moment I laid eyes on her, it was more than physical attraction, I know we were young but Cindy is different. The way she lights up when reading her books, the way she relates the story to me and had her own write up about the different characters. Yes, she is attractive, stunning, great body, smooth skin, curves to kill but there has always been this chemistry between us. I never understand it but it just fits perfectly, Imperfectly perfect.