CHAPTER -16-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I'm am so tired I overslept. Steph must think I didn't make my way to him. I should have messaged him when I get in and he would have known I arrived. I quickly dig into my purse for my phone and check the time. How did I sleep so late the time is now 1:30 pm. I must be more tired than I anticipated.

I quickly dialed his number ignoring the other messages I had. "Mom," he answers with a sad tone in his voice. It breaks my heart he would think I wouldn't be here when I didn't miss any of my visits for him.

"Why so gloomy baby."

"You promise to be here."

"Who said I'm not here and you know I don't miss my dates with you."

"Really mom you came, you're in New York."

"Yes Steph, I'm at grandma and grandpa's my flight landed so late I didn't want to wake you."

"So what you did all morning you couldn't call."

Baby I overslept, I must be more tired than I thought. I just wake a moment ago and you're the first person I thought to call.

"So you're really here," his voice did a complete 180 as he shouts into the phone.

"Yes I am really here and I have a little surprise but I need to run it by your dad first. Is he around."

"Yes, he is home."

"Can I talk to him."

"Sure mom" he pauses for a few seconds, then Sean voice reaches my ears.

"Hello, Cindy."

"Hi, Sean good afternoon how are you and your family?"

"All is well here."

"Can I ask a favour."

"Name it"

"I met Brian this morning at the airport, he told me of the gala tonight. I was wondering if I can take Steph as my date. He can see how these social functions works and I promise not to keep him out late."

"Sounds good and sure you can."

"I will come over to get him at 3 pm to get his suit. And can he pack an overnight bag so he can spend the next day with my parents?"

"No need he has plenty of suits he can use. It's your weekend just tell him what he has to do."

"Sorry but I want us to dress alike in mother and son outfits. I will take him shopping is that a problem."

"No problem at all. It's your time with him."

"Thank you Sean and please say hello to Anna for me."

"Sure will."

"Can I talk with Steph?"

"Mom" steph voice booms in my ears and I can feel his excitement."

"Steph I'm taking you to the charity gala for our date is that alright with you."

"Uncle Brian's charity gala? mom with the celebrities and stars I would love to escort you."

"Good well, I'm picking you up at 3 be ready to go shopping and get a haircut to look extra fresh."

"Bye, mom I'm going to take a shower and get ready now."

"Steph pack an overnight bag we're staying at grandma's house this weekend."

"Ok bye mom" he rushes me off the phone.