CHAPTER - 4 -

HAPPY READING🥰

Cindy Washington

Being in a new city is lonely and kind of scary. Although I have been here for five years, I don't go anywhere or do anything apart from work and grocery shopping. Even the clothes I buy for Steph and myself, I order online. I don't know anyone and due to the competitive nature of my workplace, I haven't made any friends. We have a normal workplace conversation but other than that I haven't talked to them outside of work.

I am thankful I met Zoriah, she is so sweet and I like her style. She has been showing me around the city and we went looking at condos this past week, she works as a bank teller and we spend all our free time together. I asked her to move in with me since she looking for a place as well. She lives with her brother and his fiance because she couldn't handle the rent on her own. I think we were destined to meet because I needed a roommate and a friend and she needed one as well.

I have been waiting to meet good people. After two weeks of meeting Zoriah on the plane and I cried on her shoulder, we click and we can talk for hours, it's so easy to talk with her she doesn't judge me and listen to every word that comes out of my mouth. We have been inseparable from the moment we land in Italy.

As we talked I've come to learn, she's from New Zealand and came to live with her brother to finish university but stayed after she found a job as a bank teller here in Milan. I live a neighborhood away from her, she's a cab drive away and spends all our time together talking and joking around. We even had a few sleepovers.

The loneliness I used to feel when I get home at night disappear because I had someone else to talk to at night. Every night after I talk with Steph, I call Zoriah or she calls me.

Today is Friday and I had a hectic week, my boss had me at five different locations for an interview and my column advice to the lonely didn't even get reviews and had to be posted out tomorrow. So here I am pulling a late-night again trying to meet the deadline at ten to meet print in the morning.

I put the finishing touches on my article. I press the send button, thanking God I made the deadline by mere minutes. Just as I was about to check with my boss Zoriah came marching into my office, plopping down on the chair in front of my desk. "You wouldn't believe the day I had, and how long I was waiting on you."

"Talk to me, what's up." I sit back at my desk ready to listen, I sent an email to my boss making sure she get my column for the month and everything is ready to print.

"My supervisor called me into her office only to tell me, she canceled my vacation for next month. pushing it back to October month I was really looking forward to my vacation time now it is pushed forward and my nerves can't take one more week without a break, my brain will surely explode."

I sit back listening to her and I couldn't help but think we need a girl's night out, this weekend. With the printing of the magazine done tomorrow, I'm free on Saturday and Sunday.

"Can she really do that, take away vacation time. How about we go out this weekend."

"There's this club opening tomorrow night and my brother can get tickets he's friends with the owner. We can have a girls' night out. She's the boss she can do as she likes but I wanted that time for us to move and set up the new place once we decide on one."

"I haven't been to a club in so long. I don't know if I can still party or even move my hips."

Zoriah laughed at me, "I think you may need this more than I do."

"How about we do something quiet this time and go clubbing next time."

"Nope, you're not backing out on me, we partying and getting drunk you need to get back out there."