CHAPTER -31-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I wake up to light kisses along my neck,  leading down my back. I moan out groggy but I wasn't ready to get out of his bed. "Merry Christmas baby," he says kissing my cheek. I keep my eyes close I wasn't going to move a muscle but I smile taking in the feelings he spread through my body.

"Wake up, I let you sleep long enough woman."

He yank the sheet from my body and I wasn't bothered. I'm comfortable naked around him. Sleep is all I have on my mind. After DeMarcus and I made love we lay awake talking until the sun ascend in the sky. We then send out all our Christmas greetings, make love for the third time then drift off to sleep in each other arms.

"C'mon it's Christmas, get up. Don't make me climb over you again because you're not only going to get up you're  going to run."

I spring up whining "can't your girlfriend get some sleep."

"Nope. Not when it's two in the afternoon on Christmas day."

"Why didn't you wake me" I fling off the bed pulling the sheet running to the bathroom. I heard him chuckle and turn around, stick my tongue out at him before walking into the bathroom.

I brush my teeth, gargle some Listerine, take a long shower and moisturize my skin. I get dress in one of the pairs of  Christmas pyjamas I bought for DeMarcus and me. I also bought one for Steph which I send to him.

I walk out and DeMarcus is at the end table reading from his phone. He looks up the moment he hears me. "Eat and then you can open your present."

He looks back at his phone while I sit down to eat. As the new year approaches there is a lot of reflection that needs to be done.

Whoever would've thought I would be here sitting and eating with DeMarcus Granger, my high school sweetheart. Not only that I made the best love of my life with him. Every time I remember how vocal he is with me and how he makes sure I'm well pleasured is beyond me. Whenever he's around me I have his undivided attention and our conversations are so deep and meaningful. All he's planned out for his life and how he plans to include me in those plans is a clear indication of his feelings. He is also giving me room to breathe, develop and expand my potentials.

It's fulfilling how he questions my next move and wants to know how I plan to bring it to life. Seeing him excel in all he has going on, have me pushing myself to do better and be better as a person and as an aspiring entrepreneur. Day by day, night by night spending time with this man has me falling hopelessly devoted and in love with him.

"What are you thinking, that has you so lost in thoughts."

"Huh.."

"You were lost," he says.

"Just reflecting," I smile at him.

"You want to share that with me."

"It's just so much of my introspection has changed. I never knew it was possible this new life and state of being. After the examination or observation of my own mental and emotional progress, there is a lot I have learned,  gain and lost as well."

"Quiet introspection can be extremely valuable, you know if you don't go through anything you can't come through anything."

"Valid point because I never saw this coming and I was so clouded by hurt and guilt it altered much of my thinking."

"Cindy you do know to truly be free you have to also forgive yourself as well. Not only seek it, everyone around you does not owe you a damn thing. they only owe it to themselves."