CHAPTER -48-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I snuggle up to the body next to me feeling the warmth and familiar scent but my senses become awake immediately knowing he wasn't here and he didn't come. I jump awake and his firm grip holds me in place.

"It's me, baby," his hoarse voice calm in the darkroom. My heart pounds in my chest as I look into his eyes, only this man can have this kind of effect on me.

"Before you say anything, hear me out. I should have been here," his jaw clenches as if he is trying to contain himself.

"DeMarcus"

"Listen, baby, I should've been angry more at myself than at you. I know how you struggle with your identity and it wasn't my intention to put you in the position I did. I would never make you choose."

"I know," I try to reassure him.

"I am so sorry baby I wasn't here Cindy. I should've taken your call but my ego, I let it get the best of me," he admits.

"De, it's ok. I know you would have been here. I am not questioning that, I know that I didn't help matters by leaving you alone." I confess.

"It is no justification for my actions and the things I said to you. I should've been understanding your needs because I understand all too well. Damn it, Cindy. You explained everything to me and... And kindle was in the making way before," he pour his heart out.

"Don't beat yourself up baby our pea is ok and we are going to be alright."

"I cried after reading your message, our baby was in danger and I wasn't here for either of you."

I cup his cheek, taking his other hand I place it on my baby bump. "You feel our baby, I didn't foresee what happened and it wasn't your fault DeMarcus. I understand and I don't want to be away from you ever again."

"It still doesn't help how I feel way down here," he points to his chest. "That is not the type of man I want to be for my family. As long as you need me I want to be here especially in situations like this. I wasn't here for any of your appointments now look where you lay and I couldn't be here," he frowns and I can see the distress in his face.

"Stop it, stop putting this on you. I am fine, our baby is fine and I only had one appointment. Now you are here and I am not letting you go anywhere."

"Baby I know you want to be independent and there is something special about you wanting to do your own thing. There is something so sexy about the kind of woman you are, that talks like the boss, walks like the boss and there is no doubt you can be the boss. I want nothing more than to see you do it for you but I am a man let me take care of you as my woman and care for you as my wife," he says the last part with authority in his voice looking me in my eyes.

"You're the boss baby and I love that you thought of this for me, for us. And I want my man to take charge but I also needed a part for me. It was all I asked" I say.

He presses his lips to mine and my senses become hypnotized as our lips sync, our tongues entwine moving in a rhythm of their own. I melt into the kids as his hand caress my back pulling me to his body. He kisses me fervently leaving me out of breath and out of thoughts.

"Good morning miss Washington," says doctor Andries entering the room. "Sorry, sorry to interrupt but I wasn't aware you had company."

DeMarcus pull away letting go of me but holding my hand. He gets off the bed straighten his jeans and long sleeve jersey with his other hand.

"You both know this isn't the place but I can see why you are with child," doctor Andries says with amusement.

DeMarcus chuckle reaching out his hand, he shakes doctor Andries hand.

"At last I meet the daddy," she says.

"DeMarcus Granger," he chuckle as cool as he is and let go of her hand. "Doctor Andries," she says taking my chart from the bed where it is clipped.

Going through it she looks up at me. "Your BP is still not down to the level I would want it to be and the good news is I am keeping you."

"How is that good news," I frown my brows looking at her.

"If I get good results during the day I will send you home."

"The nurse will be in shortly, according to the reading I will know how to proceed."

"Ok doc," I say sitting up.

"Is there anything I can do doctor Andries to help in this situation?" DeMarcus asks with worries in his voice and his face.

"Yes, there is, first you can make our baby momma stop worrying. Secondly, you can have her relax, rub her feet and massage her back whatever you normally do to relax her. Just um not too much um you know," doctor Andries says with amusement.

"I know just the thing doctor," he smirks looking at me. Doctor Andries tap his arm with the chart "I know you would be the man for the job" she smiles at him.

"I will be back in a few and I am hoping for a good reading daddy, I am counting on you," she says clipping my chart back in its place walking out the room.

"You can count on it doctor," he says before doctor Andries leave the room. He walks back to my side, "I have a few things in mind but we might get kicked out of this hospital if I act on them," he winks at me.

"Stop" I slap his arm blushing as he stares at me.

"Baby I am sorry, I should've been here it's no excuse you had to do this alone. I want us to be alright and I want our baby to be alright. You being here is not cool with me." DeMarcus says.

"For the umpteenth time this isn't your fault DeMarcus and neither of us could have predicted any of it happening. Don't blame yourself." I say stretching my hands out for him.

"I cannot help how I feel and I am most sorry for what I said I should have known better. I do know better but you being away from me didn't feel good. I wasn't feeling good."

"Me either baby"

"Don't do it again?" he says sternly looking me dead in my eyes.

"Never again sir," I reply. He takes my outstretched hand, climbing onto the bed.

"That ends right now. I am marring you today in this hospital so you're never allowed to leave me ever again."

"Don't be crazy we can't do it here," I raise my brows at him.

"Why not," he asks like it wasn't obvious.

"You know we are in a hospital right and my hair is a mess," I flip my hair for him to see.

"
So what we have each other, that is all I want. I know what your hair looks like too."

"What about my parents, my son, your niece, Merrily and Denzel."

"Ok. you got me on that part but as soon as you are out of here, we are getting married.

"Yes sir."

We lay back and he take my head on his chest. "This bed is so small," he says as he watches his feet hang off the edge of the bed.

"What time did you get here?" I ask.

"About 3 am," he answers.

"How did you sober up so quickly?"

"Merrily pour ice water on Denzel and me after throwing us into the bathtub."

"Damn I missed out," I scrunch my face up and he chuckles.

"I love you, baby," I say kissing his cheek.

"I love you more baby," he kiss my forehead and I couldn't be more contented.