Chapter -45-

HAPPY READING 🥰

DeMarcus Granger

It has been four days and no word from Cindy. The silence in my house has never bothered me before her now it's deafening. I curse myself for not going after her and trying to explain further.

Why doesn't she understand I did all of it for her best interest. This wasn't handed to her on a silver platter. As mad as I want to be I can't and if she needs the space I can only give it to her.

I take a deep breath and push my chair away from my desk. I am staring at a file for the past hour and I can't say what it reads because my mind isn't settled. I need her home where she belongs.

Why would she think I did anything to hurt her or our relationship and again women are like a mystery to me.

"Come in" I answer the knock at my door waiting for the intruder of my thoughts to enter.

"It has been way too long my friend," says Denzel walking into my office.

"It has been and where is Merrily," I ask getting up to greet him.

"Shoot can't I take a trip alone."

We hug and he pats my shoulder "I know Merrily wouldn't let you out her sight."

"You're right about that" he chuckles, "women right."

"You know I was just thinking the same."

"How is Cindy?" he asks.

"Beat me if I know" I mumble.

Trouble in paradise? Didn't you guys just get engaged?" he asks.

I sigh "she is mad at me," I told him.

"What did you do brother," he raises his brows at me.

"I told her about kindle."

"Oh" was all he says.

"Right oh," I say sarcastically.

"So she didn't take the news sitting down."

"Not at all, she says she needs space to think it over."

"How much space have you given to her."

"It has been four days," I answer.

"Yikes, you keep count?"

"Don't you?"

"You know Mer she wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I didn't."

"I know too well."

"You alright man", he asks seriously.

"I'm fine, she will come around. Tell me why you're here."

"You sure she will, she's a runner."

"She is pregnant, how far can she run."

"Now that is news, how come I'm now hearing about this."

"I wanted to fly you guys out, after our trip to New York but-"

"That is the night you told her," he finish my sentence. "Congratulations your a daddy" he pats my arm. "Wait until Merrily hears you are going to be a father."

"I couldn't believe it either after all these years."

"Don't worry brother, she will come around, eventually your baby will need its daddy."

"Come take a seat, you didn't tell me why you're here.

I take my seat behind my desk and he sits opposite me losing her suit jacket buttons. "Let's go to lunch."