CHAPTER -21-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

Love and loss

Love is the greatest of all, void of a voice but has the biggest voice and emotion in the universe. It is a deep connection of intense affection with both positive and negative, with its virtue representing human kindness, compassion and affection, the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for others. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered or provoked it keeps no record of wrongs. This connection is bound so deep that it is long-suffering. Love binds one another together in pure and perfect unity.

Loss is the fact of losing someone or something, simply put. We have no control over when and how we loss someone or something in our lives and we suffer through it. To love and loss is a tragedy. From the beginning of time, we have seen or hear of love and loss. Samson loved Delilah with his life that after she bugged him for many days he told her his weaknesses and lost his strength because of it.

Then there is Romeo and Juliet who is completely frictional both loved each other but lost their lives in the process because of their love.

Whether frictional, biblical, day to day life we all love and lose at one point in our life. Whether our parents, children, partner, friend, family members whomever. We love them at one point and then lose them at some other point in our life. It is inevitable and the pain of losing someone can hurt more than we can bear but life goes on as we think of how they completed us or added to our life one way or the other.

As we grow older we will experience many different types of love and loss but is it better to love and lose or never to have love at all. What drives us in love can never be felt in any other emotion. Love is the universal language that is above all and it's better to have and experience it than never at all. The brighter side to love in the positive realm is falling, hopelessly and completely in the embodiment of another and expecting the same in return but with the negative impact we can suffer long but with all its positive impact it out weights the bad and worth exploring, experiencing and cherished above all even if we lose it all.
                                                  CW

Standing in front of the mirror adorning the woman I've become with my self-determination has been one of my weekly affirmations after I branch out on my own. I needed to boost my confidence because I didn't know or see my worth. My self-esteem was a little low and my confidence level as well. I doubted myself mostly because karma always comes after you and I didn't know what I'm truly capable of. I needed to love myself again and give me a chance. As much as I'm determined to get it done I wasn't sure I could. So I stand in the mirror twice a week giving myself what I needed to push through each day.

"Who is this in the mirror?."

"I'm Cindy Washington. A mother, daughter and friend. I'm a confident, hard-working provider and I'm independent."

"What are you?."

"I'm beautiful, a strong overcomer, strong will, benevolent, kind, caring, supervisor and most importantly I'm an important woman."

"Who loves you?"

"My son, my parents, the love of God shines on me and above all I love myself."

After my divorce, I've struggled with myself for years. Everyone recognizes the boldface I put forward but not the turmoil I hide inside. I didn't know I could feel so ugly and useless. I needed to love myself again so I began simple and it grew on me. Today I can confidently stand and look at how my eyes and skin glow. How my smile light up a room and how confidently I can do it with my head held high and my esteem growing by the day. The completeness I feel after years of searching for it. I couldn't believe how much peace and security I found in my skin and valuing myself. How I define myself is how I'm labelled and how I choose to see myself is a label I want to stick on me as I journey throughout life. I refuse to be boxed in by others thoughts of me, it is unacceptable and I decide how I'm valued and how high.