CHAPTER -17-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

Steph and I step out of the car, he takes my hand leading me to the red carpet. He has grown so much, he's not even nervous and the way he struts down the runway shows the level of confidence he has already. I'm so proud of the man we're raising and his social skills are already boosted so high.

"Miss Washington" we are stopped by a photographer. "Can I have a pose real quick for the camera?, it will slide really fast in front the both of you You do any pose, the camera captures you in seconds."

"Ok, Steph you ready." The photographer count down the second

"1.Whatever you do it must be fast."

"2 The camera will flash across the both of you."

"3 Ready"

"4 Go"

I half squat with my knees together blowing a kiss to Steph while he put both hands in his pockets making a stern face winking his left eyes. The crowd along the barricade, cheers at the pose we make "this is so cool the coolest thing I've done to date." Says Steph "it sure is the top of my list" we laugh and continue walking to the entrance of the Baltimore palace.

"Wow mom looks at this place" he shouts he's overcome excitement with the elegance of the place and the number of people in attendance. "Come child" I walk him to the seat number given to us. "Steph remember to always act like you've been here before, no matter where you go even if it's the very first time."

"Sure mom," he says.

"When you're alone you marvel in your excitement but when you're out act like you've been there before" "Yes ma'am" he answer.

"Good now, let's walk around and greet a few people before we have to be seated."

"You know what else we can do?"

"What can we do?"

"We can dance," I smile at him.

Steph holds out his hand for me, "shall we?"

"We sure can." I chuckle at how formal he became at the snap of a finger.

We walk around the ballroom and I'm looking for a familiar face to introduce Steph. "Mom there's aunt Jinette." I look over and there she is looking beautiful in a red floor-length, figure-hugging dress. "Can we go over?" he asks hopefully. I don't want to ruin anyone's night so I stand here a little conflicted as to what to do.

Ok Cindy I say to myself taking a deep breath. "Don't be nervous mom we're only saying hello."

"You're the best date ever" I smile down at him "Ok let's go say hi"

We begin to walk over to where Jinette is standing when I'm stopped by the one man that has been occupying my mind of late. "Miss Washington," I stop in my tracks and turn slightly to face him.

"You look gorgeous as always my queen."

"Uh, who are you and why you're calling my mother your queen," Steph spoke up before I could answer for myself.

"Hello young man I'm DeMarcus Granger and who might you be."

"I am her son."

"DeMarcus, what are you doing here?"

"I am associated with many charity events. Why make money if you can't help others with it."

I smile at his response but Steph was in full protection mode that he hold my hands a little tighter.