CHAPTERS -32-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

"Shhh, shh it's ok I'm right here and ready to listen when you are ready to talk."

I feel so sorry for her even though I don't know the problem. I've never seen her cry, much more to cry this way.

I walk us back to her bed and put her to sit down. "You ready to tell me what's wrong."

She still sobs and hiccups as she continues to cry.

"Did you and Vincent fight."

She shakes her head and nod tears still running down her face. Her phone kept vibrating on her bed and we both look at it.

"He's calling, what's wrong Zoriah. You're scaring me and I can't know if you don't tell me."

"I know, I feel so bad and it hurt my soul what happened. I was so humiliated." She says.

"What did he do? What happened?"

"His mother, that's what happened. She doesn't like me," she says between sobs.

"What you mean she doesn't like you." Tears stream down her face as she looks at me.

"You know she doesn't have to like you."

"She certainly hates me, that's for sure, she called me a bitch and said I want to replace Vincent wife among other things."

"Huh, why would she says that."

"That's not what's worst" more tears pour out her eyes. "She said it at the dinner table in front of everyone, I was so humiliated. I run out of the restaurant and came home."

"When did this happen"

"Last evening"

"Oh, honey I'm so sorry. Why didn't you call me."

"You were with DeMarcus and I just wanted to cry."

"What did vincent says."

"Nothing, he just watches as it unfolds before his eyes, the entire family did."

"Nothing? Did he come after you?"

"He did like a half-hour after but I didn't open up. I'm so ashamed."

He didn't stick up for you, I mean it's his mom but I think he should have said something. At least take up for you."

She nods meekly and I feel worse for her.

"You don't have to be ashamed Ze, what she did and say is on her not you. You're a great person, woman and friend she should be lucky her son found you." I say and she shakes her head.

"The way she had so much venom in her voice." Says zoriah.

"Come let's get you something to eat and we can talk more." I place my arm around her shoulder walking us to the kitchen. I place her to sit down at the counter and make her a sandwich and pour her some juice. "Once you eat this, I will get you two scoops of ice cream."

I watch as she swirls the food around her plate only picking once or twice. Zoriah is one of the nicest women I know. She was a stranger to me when she gave me a much-needed friend without a clue as to who I was. She advised me when I needed it. she encourages me and stands by me even when I didn't want to. She took up volunteering at the school so seriously never missing a session working hard with her kids. She works hard and deserves this happiness, after all, she has been through. How can a woman do that to another woman especially after being one and probably having daughters? I'm getting mad the more I think about it, I have a few choices words for Vincent mom.