CHAPTER -5-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Zoriah and I pull up in front of the club and I am ready to drink this week away. With all its trials and running around, I'm a little sore and need a little relaxation.

We walk up to the door and Zoriah quickly stretches out her hands to a beautifully plump woman. She introduces Paola and me as we walk into the club after showing the passes Zoriah brother gave to us.

The club is jamming, the dance floor is pack and everyone looks in good spirit as they gyrate to the music but I wasn't feeling to dance. All I need is a few drinks and I'm good for the night. I take my seat at the bar and signal the bartender ordering a piña colada as Zoriah and her sister-in-law climb onto their bar stool ordering the same.

"I'm not much of a drinker," says Zoriah "but I will give this a try." She says eagerly.

"Order it with light rum," I say because I don't know how she is drunk and I didn't want to take the chance.

As I sit there staring at the sign over the bar I realised it made sense; elevation and evaluation require separation. This is the true story of my life and I'm tired of apologizing for it.

I've made my decision to have a deeper more profound life. I'm not running away with fear, I'm staring it straight in the eyes and conquer it. I'm a warrior to feel every fibre of my being and take the courage to conquer it. There is where my freedom lies and I'm tired of trying to justify my every move. Especially to myself.

The bartender hands me my drink. The way I'm feeling right now I take my maraschino cherry and pop it into my mouth. I place my stray between my lips and take a long drink almost finishing the glass. I order another, while I watch Zoriah take her first sip. I haven't drink in years and I didn't want to pass my limit. But I wanted to forget at this moment.

Words couldn't tell how happy I am to be able to walk into this club and purchase my drink without deepening on my ex-husband or his money to pay for me. I feel so contented I can do these simple things for myself. I'm finally an independent woman who pays her bills, buys her own things and does not allow a man to affect my stability or self-confidence. It was all I needed, to work for my own. Where I can say I achieved this and that through my hard work. Self-reliance is satisfying.

I'm not saying being a stay at home mom and taking care of your family isn't fulfilling I'm saying it wasn't for me, I needed more. Nothing is wrong with a man paying my every bill I just needed to help me and in the future help him as well.

My new drink is placed in front of me and I decide to sip this time around, as the DJ run the vibes. I'm beginning to feel the music and get out of my way and stop overthinking. For years I punished myself for walking away but no more. Not tonight. As I am sipping ever so lightly trying not to think about my life an employee I met when I was working with kostenlonser editing and magazine establishment approaches me, he's a foreigner as well "Cindy it's been a while," he says to me smiling.

"You and I both know it's been more than a while when you let me take the fall for you at kostenlonser."

"You still holding that grudge," he says to me.

"I'm holding way more than a grudge Mirel." Kostenlonser was my first job here I wanted to dominate that industry but Mirel here post out the wrong copy of the weekly paper from my computer and it wasn't recognizable until it had already printed and posted. All shelves had to be cleared by nightfall and it was a disaster. I took the fall and was fired immediately after publicly admitting to it. It was a nightmare to witness and to go through. I ran back home and in all my confused state I tried to fight for my ex-husband who was already moved on. Not the proudest moment of my life but I had lived through it.

I've grown a lot of backbone since leaving New York and I'm proud of it. It is difficult at times and I may have a few screws loose but I'm one hundred per cent me always. life is less than perfect but I'm hanging on and making all efforts to make positive strides for myself and my son as we grow older.

Tonight is my night to let go and let loose but my pass keeps following me. Even in the club, I can't seem to get away from it. When kindle hired me, my boss was intrigued that I didn't give up and run away so she hired me on the spot. I may have a lot to be sorry for but I have a lot to be highly grateful for as well.

"Come on it's been year's," he nudges me with his elbow.

"You never even said you're sorry and you get to keep your job while I was fired. However, I'm where my true passion lies. I have a column once a month and I get to read fascinating books and edit them to be polished."

"Cindy for what it's worth, I'm sorry. Look on the bright side, look what you've accomplished in the time you were let go."

I smile, everything I've been through had both been a lesson or a blessing.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that. So how things over there."

"Good, the girls are still at each other throats and the usual." He says flinging his hand in the air dramatically.

I laugh "the competition will never end."

Whilst I was talking to Mirel the girls were having their little chat and it was slowly becoming frustrating to yell over the music.

"Do you want to dance?" he asks.

"Sorry Mirel, my husband is on his way."

"I should've guessed some lucky bastard would have snagged you up."

I laugh, I'm not a one night stand kind of girl and I'm not looking for a relationship at this stage of my life. So I play the married card every time a guy even looks at me.

The alcohol is running through my system at this time and I am a little more relaxed, laughing and enjoying myself shaking my head to the music. Mirel was long gone after trying to get Zoriah to dance with him and she refuses.

Let's dance say Zoriah but I was good sitting here, taking in the scenery before me. "You guys go ahead I will join you in a few," I say as they walk off and I'm happy at how the owner set up the dance floor away from the bar, that way you can sit back and order your drinks away from the pushing and pulling that usually happens at a club. Celebrity lights is a new club but it has the it factor already.

Ever so slowly I continue to sip my drink watching the girls dance to the beat of the music when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spin around immediately but met with the shock of my life. He has mature fully and I can never forget those piercing brown eyes, even in a dark room. It takes me a few seconds to register. I gaze at his face remembering how he uses to fuss about his beard not growing out but here he stood taller than me with full masculine features and well line up beard.

"I can never miss you in a room full of people." He says dark and dreamy his voice a smooth mix of English and Italian. His arms bursting out his well-tailored suit and his hair neatly slick back.

I smile "DeMarcus Granger what a pleasant surprise." I say still couldn't believe I am calling his name. Here he stands in front of me and I couldn't believe it.

"Cindy Washington you're even more beautiful than the first time I saw you and the first time I've made you cum."

"That was a long time ago, come here hug me." I stand up from my stool and embrace him in a tight hug.

When he pulls away I take my seat back on the stool. "Come to the VIP section with me the music here is too loud."

"I can't leave my friends" we continue to yell over the music trying to talk.

"Where are they bring them along, I have room."

"Ok," I jostle my way through the crowd to where Zoriah and Paola are dancing.

I told the girls I'm going to the VIP section and they should join me after their dance. I point to DeMarcus showing them who I'm with when Paola say "do you know who that is."

I lean close to her ears "that's my friend joint me after you guys finish dancing."