CHAPTER -50-

HAPPY READING

Cindy Washington

"You look beautiful, now come out here," Zoriah says with authority.

"I know I look beautiful but somehow this dress does nothing for me," I say.

We spend two hours doing our makeup and getting ready in one of the guest rooms. With my baby bump, I search endlessly for a dress to not only fit but looks jaw-dropping sexy. Now looking at myself I look like a fish.

"I look like a big, fat, fish and I'm not liking it," I whine.

"You're getting bigger and bigger," Allison says.

"How is that supposed to help me," I say straight facing her.

"From this angel, you do look a little weird," Zoriah says putting out her fingers making a box spying through it like a camera.

"See... it looked way better in my head," I say fatigued with myself.

"There must be something else in your closet," Allison says.

"DeMarcus had it stock but I wasn't able to go through the stuff he'd picked out."

"Is it alright if we go into your room?" Zoriah says.

"It is the second door on your right and I'm not sure if DeMarcus is finished so check first," I say.

"Ok take a seat, relax. Don't stress my baby bean we will be right back," Zoriah says and they walk out of the room.

I pictured this dress perfectly on my body, thinking I could do it justice but after staring at myself for more time than I should no matter the angle I turn it just isn't right.

And with the nerves of making my speech, the last thing I want to feel self-conscious about is my appearance. Or this dress for that matter. My hair is set nice and my make up just right only for my dress to be my stress.

With a sigh, I begin to take off this dress. Stepping out of my dress I feel a pinch to my behind and I spin around in a rush.  "Oh god," I gasp holding my chest.

He chuckle "you didn't hear me come in."

"Sir now is not the time to be joking with me..."

"Here," he holds out a beautiful pink tulle layer dress. "The girls say you were having some troubles."

"The girls pick this out?" I ask.

"I did and if you let me be your man, you don't have to worry about it."

"I let you wear the pants don't I?"

"You let me? Stubborn woman don't get it twisted I am the man here, I'm only giving you free rein until our baby is out of you. Then I might just put you across my lap."

I giggle, "who says I wouldn't like that sir."

"Don't tempt me woman or you and I both will miss this party."

He takes me in his arm kissing me fervently, biting down on my bottom lip. "Now go get dressed you have five minutes," his breath fans my face and I stare in a daze. God, I love this man.

He turns and walks away leaving me out of breath with my composure out of order. It took me a few seconds to regain myself and I slip into the dress he picked out for me. It fit perfectly and had just the right amount of formally I wanted.

Giving my makeup a final touch up, dabbing a few touches of perfume behind my ears and neck, I am ready.
____

Walking into the hall on the arms of my fiance had a few heads turning. The girls are also escorted by their fiance. Sean is travelling with Steph and bringing him straight from the airport because of his midterm exam.