CHAPTER -11-

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

The week went by smoothly although I was cranky and well deprived. I couldn't do anything about it. My imagination went beyond my compression in frustrating me further. Every morning this man invades my dreams and mind sending me crazy. All the constant cold showers I'm taking in this cold weather will soon freeze my mind if I keep up with this. It has gotten so bad I'm thinking to call him up and just jump his bones if my imagination keeps it up. Never have I been this aroused and couldn't be cool down in a dream. My body and mind are playing a cruel joke on me and I'm not liking it at all. Nevertheless, work goes on and I take deep breaths and think before I snap at everyone that crosses my path.

I'm currently in my office going over a manuscript when my supervisor peeks her head through my doorway. "Cindy we are exclusively invited to the after party of sir Banito Prada. He's celebrating his daughter after her debut on the runway. He loves your column and wants the writer behind the words."

"Could I bring a friend to this party?" I ask thinking zoriah would be excited to join me.

"Sorry, it's exclusive only by invitation." She walks fully into the office and takes a seat. "I'm sending Alfred with you he's head of the magazine's department of photographs I want amazing pictures so dress to impress and sell the manuscript you release last month never know where readers are until you let out a book."

"Great idea, I must find a few wives who would be interested in classical romance."

"Since it's Friday I'm letting you go early to do dress shopping. Hair and makeup are on me and I want the exclusive detail for the magazine. Maybe your next idea can come for this party and we can add it to the details it would be good publicity."

I nod in understanding, "you're the woman for the job and I know you can be inspired."

Before I can reply the owner of the company walks into my office and my heart skips ten beats because I wasn't aware of him visiting nor did I know of any other reason for him wanting to see me. I quickly stand to my feet and welcome his presence.

"Hello miss Washington, don't be alarmed. I'm the bearer of good news." I breathe a sigh of relief and place my hand over my heart. He chuckles and relief washes over me. "I'm happy both of you are here and I don't have to walk to your office as well" he turns to my supervisor.

Sit he says and all three of us take a seat. Mrs Danrad my supervisor still had a shocked expression on her face and I'm guessing she doesn't know about this either.

"The suggestion you made for Bars ford's book on the web link has up his views by 93 per cent and it's climbing as we speak. Riker wants his face on his billboard and since it's your idea I'm giving you the lead on this. You've been doing good work and I'm promoting you to the senior supervisor of this department since Mrs Danrad you're here for the good news I'm opening a new branch in Tokyo and I will be leaving to spearhead everything over there. I'm leaving you as manager here and I want the good work to continue, so I'm leaving the best in charge.

To say I am shocked is an understatement my mouth is hung open and I'm just sitting here staring at him. Mrs Danrad's mouth is touching the floor because neither of us is expecting this and definitely didn't know about this new development.

He continues to speak and maybe I went deft to any other words coming out of his mouth. When they say vision without action is measly a dream but vision with action can change the world its absolute truth. Tears spring from my eyes and I place my hands on my chest trying to calm my heartbeat vibrating through my chest. It's not that I didn't envision it but now that it's happening it feels so surreal. On this day October 26th I'm hearing these words only puts me closer to accomplishing my ultimate goal.